Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks, Tomas.....you have no idea how much of what you said went right over my head. I'll look into dcraw though.

05-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by momtographer Quote
So I have a k10d, and I'm trying to learn to shoot in raw. I was wondering if anyone uses a file converter, and if you do do you convert it to jpeg? Is there a really good file converter program? I am able to convert it to jpeg with photoshop but each time I forget how I do it and spend half an hour trying to remember and then end up with a crappy looking picture because converting it seems to destroy the photo. how on earth is everyone working with raw?

Hey, another Houstonian! I'm in Clearlake. For those of you not from around here, that means in Houston-terms, we're neighbors. In normal-geography terms, we're about 1 hour and 60 miles apart. The joys of Houston sprawl.

Back to your question, I see you got plenty of good answers so I won't chime in except to say I use the Pentax software 90% of the time.

Do you ever check out the Texas Photo Forum? Mainly Canon and Nikon users, but they're a friendly bunch and organize photo shoots regularly.
05-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
Really! I'd be interested in that can you pm me with some information?
05-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by momtographer Quote
I'm a dork
Thanks for teaching me this nice word.

Indeed, using Lightroom and asking what software to use to convert RAW is quite an achievement

Never mind though, we are all dorks sometimes

05-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #20

My sister n law has a Pentax K20 D. I have some of her PEF raw files and I can't get my software such as Picasa or UF Raw to work with the files. The color is way off . The people look blue. Is there a difference in the raw files from her K20 D and my K10 D? Any help is appreciated. I did try the search option to find my answer.
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbrew44 Quote
My sister n law has a Pentax K20 D. I have some of her PEF raw files and I can't get my software such as Picasa or UF Raw to work with the files. The color is way off . The people look blue. Is there a difference in the raw files from her K20 D and my K10 D? Any help is appreciated. I did try the search option to find my answer.
You will need to update the converter version to one that recognizes the K20D files, from what I have read.
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
You will need to update the converter version to one that recognizes the K20D files, from what I have read.
The next release of UFraw will have support for the K20D PEF files. Support has been in the development version for about a month now.