Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
-snip-
Does that mean the auto focus is off slightly and manual focus is right on?
What other conclusion can be drawn?

Did you try the AF several times to learn how it behaves?

I have an AF lens that doesn't hit it really under a few circumstances (this is Canon) but works very well for the rest of the time. I decided to live with that as the workaround comes quite naturally.

AF is practical but one has to be able to trust it - knowing what it can do. Then, of course, if it always sets the focus wrong I guess you have to get the camera fixed.

Good luck to you with all of that,

01-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

try a flat target i am not sure the 45 degree test is a fair one.. see if u can do a better job manually with your faster lens than the camera does..

trog
01-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #18

focusing

I've shot for years with manual cameras and was very reluctant to go with Auto focus for one main reason....the camera really can't read your mind and know for sure exactly what you want in focus, so "to me" auto focus is a hit or miss and the only way to eliminate that particular problem is to focus manually........Geez its hard enough trusting humans never mind machines...
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think it's interesting that several people have reported front focusing - my K10 seems to back focus a bit. The focus line was perfectly in focus, but there was more in focus behind the line than in front. I think that still meets specs, since the focus line is in focus. I do tend to focus at the forward-most point because of this, but it isn't that big of a deal.