Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
Inactive Account

So It's True....a Full-Frame 'Professional' Samsung Dslr Is Coming !!!!

Hi all

In this week's Amateur Photographer magazine (3rd May), there is a quote attributed to Samsung's Assistant Manager of Digital Camera Marketing & Planning Group, Mr. Kyong-Kock Shin in which he states that a Full-Frame 'Professional' DSLR is in the early stages of planning'.....so a genuine FF 35mm Pentax DSLR is looking like a genuine possibility AT LAST.....whooo-hoooo !!!!!
I say 'bring it on, guys'......so lets give C***n & N***n a run for their money !!!

Samsung hints at full-frame sensor for professional digital SLR camera news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 05-03-2008 at 06:53 AM.
05-02-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Hi all

In this week's Amateur Photographer magazine (3rd May), there is a quote attributed to Samsung's Assistant Manager of Digital Camera Marketing & Planning Group, Mr. Kyong-Kock Shin in which he states that 'a Full-Frame 'Professional' DSLR is in the early stages of planning'.....so a genuine FF 35mm Pentax DSLR is looking like a genuine possibility AT LAST.....whooo-hoooo !!!!!
I say 'bring it on, guys'......so lets give C***n & N***n a run for their money !!!

Best regards
Richard
It was posted in their website version earlier and I've already reported the news too:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Samsung Hints at a Full Frame DSLR Sensor
05-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
Damn Brit

Now we just need to find which of the digital lenses are going to work with full frame or whether we are going to have to start committing burglaries to feed our LBA.
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the kit lens will and the tamaron 70-300 will

05-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Anyone mind making a sticky in the lens forum to track this?
05-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Okami

Nope !! Feel free to superglue this one wherever you wish......lol !

Best regards
Richard
05-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Mr. Kyong-Kock Shin in which he states that 'a Full-Frame 'Professional' DSLR is in the early stages of planning'
Hmm.

"Kyong-Kock Shin" (or indeed "Kyong-Kook Shin", as it's spelt on the AP web site) does sound remarkably like "concoction", though, doesn't it?

05-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Chris

Despite the mild cynicism, I'm simply not in the habit of spreading false rumours, so simply get down to your local newsagent and check-out the info for yourself ! The article appears towards the bottom of one of the first pages on the left-hand side.....

Best regards
Richard
05-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Despite the mild cynicism, I'm simply not in the habit of spreading false rumours, so simply get down to your local newsagent and check-out the info for yourself ! The article appears towards the bottom of one of the first pages on the left-hand side.....
Sorry, I forgot humour isn't really done here, especially without smilies.

I wasn't suggesting you were spreading false rumours - the article is on the AP website, as I mentioned.
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Chris

It was never my intention to spoil your fun, but this announcement is such a long-awaited & significant advance for so many long-suffering Pentax advocates that I felt it necessary to clarify the facts, lest anyone mistakenly thought I might be taking the p**s ! Rest assured that my 'humour-bypass' has now been well & truly cured......lol !!!

Best regards
Richard