Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #1

shots remaining display?

Hey, just got my K20d - love it so far, but am trying to figure something out...

I have it set so i can change the ISO with the wheel in Av and Tv modes, since the only other way i could find to change ISO is via function menu..

but now i can't see how many shots remain, I checked the "info" screen ... is there some way to see this information without removing the ISO from the wheel?

05-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the club (in more ways than one.) I have my custom menu set to always display ISO instead of shots remaining. Same problem. You only see shots remaining just after taking a picture. Many of us are hoping this is addressed in the next firmware release, so you can see shots remaining somehow without having to take a shot.
05-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply - i did notice that turning the camera off shows shots remaining
05-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
jlp
Forum Member

At your option, you can set the display to always display remaining shots. By pressing and holding the OK button, the ISO will be displayed and can be changed by front dial. The downside (if it is a downside) is once you have changed the ISO this way, it doesn't revert automatically to the prior setting; e.g., if you have AUTO iso with a range x to y and change ISO via the OK button and front dial, you MUST use the function (Fn) button to access the ISO setting to return it back to AUTO. Other than the AUTO setting, there is no issue (as you can dynamically set ISO to wherever you want it.). This works the same for the K10.

05-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #5

You can either set the camera to show number of remaining shots "permanently", then you can change ISO by holding OK.
Or you can set the camera to show ISO "permanently", then you can see number or remaining shots by holding OK.
(note that the actual behaviour also depends on selected mode, i.e. there are differences between P, Tv etc.)
When you are in mode which can chage ISO by dial, then pressing Green button will set ISO to AUTO.
05-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #6

Original Poster
cool, didn't know about the ok button - thanks!
05-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jlp Quote
At your option, you can set the display to always display remaining shots. By pressing and holding the OK button, the ISO will be displayed and can be changed by front dial. The downside (if it is a downside) is once you have changed the ISO this way, it doesn't revert automatically to the prior setting; e.g., if you have AUTO iso with a range x to y and change ISO via the OK button and front dial, you MUST use the function (Fn) button to access the ISO setting to return it back to AUTO. Other than the AUTO setting, there is no issue (as you can dynamically set ISO to wherever you want it.). This works the same for the K10.
The camera will revert to AUTO ISO if you press the OK and then the green button. The green button is Pentax's magic button to return to default settings.