Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #1

K10D Autofocus problems

I have problems with my auto focus. I half press the shutter and it focus's but just goes in and out in and out for about 3 seconds. When it stops i take the photo and it's out of focus.
I cleaned the mirror which is what someone else said to me. It had a little dirt on it but it came off, it didn't help though.

Whats wrong? I'm using Pentax FA 1:3-5.6 28-90mm, Sigma DG f4-5.6 70-300mm lens at the lowest aperture.
Need a reply ASAP. Got fairly big shooting day tomorrow that i have been looking forward to.

Thanks for any help.

05-03-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Mate,

What sort of light do you have? Is it darkish? If so it may just be that the AF won't work at those levels.

Of course, if the AF does play up, and the image is a critical one, switch to MF and focus the old way.

Do a search on the threads of this forum, there is heaps of info about AF issues, with plenty of advice.

I've had a similar issue that comes and goes, even in bright sunlight. I'm sending my body in for a warranty service.

Cheers
Dale
05-03-2008, 04:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.
I was taking these in bright sunlight, had to use 1500 shutter speed. Ill start searching. Hopefully i don't have to send it away im not in warranty.lol
05-03-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh, make sure your battery is charged! I did read that the AF can stop working once your battery is part discharged.

D.

05-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #5

Original Poster
Yeah its fully charged. I found some great threads on firmware hacks and stuff that worked. I'm going to try it.
05-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Mate,

What sort of light do you have? Is it darkish? If so it may just be that the AF won't work at those levels.

Of course, if the AF does play up, and the image is a critical one, switch to MF and focus the old way.

Do a search on the threads of this forum, there is heaps of info about AF issues, with plenty of advice.

I've had a similar issue that comes and goes, even in bright sunlight. I'm sending my body in for a warranty service.

Cheers
Dale

When you mention sending it back for a warranty service whats involved in it and how much is it worth?

cheers