Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #1

K100D fault.

I've had my K100D for almost a year, and since I've had it it's had an intermittent fault that's become ore bothersome over time. I first noticed it within a couple of weeks of getting it, but it worked less than it didn't, but over the next few months it began to work less than it did, so it was time to take it back to the shop to get it checked out.

The problem was that the camera wouldn't meter or auto focus. The top LCD would just flash (the whole display) and it wouldn't fire. On manual focus it would do the same, but it would fire, but not immediately when the shutter button was depressed, more like as the LCD flashed. There was also a weird little whining noise as well. However, if I took the lens off, it would fire away like a good 'un.

So anyways, I got it back yesterday, it had been back to Pentax, and they said that they'd "adjusted the light meter". Now this makes sense I guess, but I was wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen to their camera? I must admit, it's running like a dream now and the picture quality appears much better than before. Weird...

05-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been a happy shooter with my K100D all this time. It was a very odd problem, but if you say it's running better now than it did before the issue, so much the better.
05-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Inactive Account

A happy camper here w/ the K100, over a year and a half.

Cheers,

Rene
05-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
jdg
Forum Member

Has anyone of you experienced this my k100ds is set to AF-S and single frame mode but sometimes it shoots 2 times in one press of the shutter button like it was in continous shooting mode?

05-05-2008, 01:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jdg Quote
Has anyone of you experienced this my k100ds is set to AF-S and single frame mode but sometimes it shoots 2 times in one press of the shutter button like it was in continous shooting mode?
Happened to me once before, but it never happened again, so I left it at that.

My guess is the battery was almost dead low, and the camera somehow interpreted the setting as drive mode. After I replaced a charged set of batteries, it was back to normal.

The K100D sometimes goes crazy when the battery is almost completely flat.