Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K10d firmware update question

Ok, another K10d question.

I checked the Pentax site and it turns up there are some firmware updates I can do for my camera. I simply have to download the update to the sd card and then put it in the camera.

My question involves the sd card. The site states that you need to format your card after the update. I assume this is the "Format" option on the Set Up menu? The one that warns you that All Data Will Be Deleted?

Once again, any help you can give a pentax newb would be great. Thanks.

Bokeh

05-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes you are right about that
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, went ahead and did it. Now I can adjust the ISO while in M without using the Fn button. Yay!
05-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You are welcome,don't be shy to ask for help over here,we have great bunch here

05-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alefone Quote
You are welcome,don't be shy to ask for help over here,we have great bunch here
We are always willing to offer advice even if we know nothing about the subject

Just kidding of course.

But someone did say about free advice that you get what you pay for

Rusty
05-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Lol...thanks guys. Free advice is fine by me. I will take whatever I can get. And usually free advice isnt really free...somebody paid somewhere, sometime, if only in sweat and blood to give you that advice. Hee hee....better them then me.
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #7

Hey Bokah, welcome aboard, I just updated the firmware last week and am loving that ISO option!

One more nugget for you - it's a good idea to format your sd card on a regular basis, using that menu option. Only do it when you don't have/need images on there ... the idea is that although you may "delete" the images off the card regularly, there are hidden files/folders left behind .. cookies, if you will. Formatting the card will clear it all completely, and add to the overall life of the card.
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome Lori. And for the advice.

Bokeh

05-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Bokeh Quote
Thanks, went ahead and did it. Now I can adjust the ISO while in M without using the Fn button. Yay!
How do you do that?
05-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Press and hold the OK button; the current ISO value should now appear on your top LCD and in the viewfinder display. Turn the front e-dial to adjust as desired.
05-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Hello, I'm a newbie, and I need help with the firmware update.

I tried to do this tonight. I followed all the steps exactly, but when I turn on the camera with the MENU button held down, and the SD card with the firmware update on it in the camera, the camera won't go into the firmware update mode. It displays the firmware version (1.00) for a few seconds, then goes to the "current camera settings" display.

I have deleted all the files, reformatted the card, and started over at least three times now, and still it won't work.

Can anyone help me? I sent a message to Pentax, but who knows when they will ever answer that.

Thanks!
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Forums, BBE Photos!

Go to post #9 on this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/26503-firmware-updates.html
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by christinelandon Quote
Welcome to the Forums, BBE Photos!

Go to post #9 on this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/26503-firmware-updates.html

Thanks for the welcome, Christine!

I looked at the post, though, and I did everything it says. My camera just plain doesn't recognize the firmware on the card. I am really stumped.
05-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #14

K10D software updates- problem down loading

Hello everyone,
I just joined this forum hoping I would be able to talk to someone about my problem. I was pleased to find this thread.
My problem is with the down load, I can't seem to be able to down load it onto my computer. I have to admit that I am practically "computer illiterate". My HP computer has Vista 2000 and I'm not sure if that is the problem. It seems, from reading these posts, that it should be a simple thing to down load the updates. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
05-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by pentax4ever Quote
Hello everyone,
I just joined this forum hoping I would be able to talk to someone about my problem. I was pleased to find this thread.
My problem is with the down load, I can't seem to be able to down load it onto my computer. I have to admit that I am practically "computer illiterate". My HP computer has Vista 2000 and I'm not sure if that is the problem. It seems, from reading these posts, that it should be a simple thing to down load the updates. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
I solved my problem!!!
Thanks