Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K100D

Can anyone Help.....
My Pentax K100D eats batteries very quickly..... pleased Help
I'm looking for a Pentax K100D Battery Grip ..... I'm in the UK ....
There must be someone out there who can help me obtain one

Regards Brian Smith

06-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry friend, the K100D does not have a grip, and though I dont' have one, does not appear to have been designed for one to mod one for. See the grid here, second row from the bottom, second column in: Pentax K100D - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
06-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

I suggest getting a couple sets of rechargeable Sanyo Eneloops (or equivalent). I use them in my K100D and *istD and they work very well.
06-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I suggest getting a couple sets of rechargeable Sanyo Eneloops (or equivalent). I use them in my K100D and *istD and they work very well.
Brian,

As Paul mentioned, the Sanyo Eneloops (or other-branded low-self-discharge type of "pre-charged" batteries) work very well in my K100D Super.

However, ANY battery will appear to get eaten fast (or have low charge) if the battery contacts in you camera are dirty. I occasionally wipe my battery contacts on the door and down in the body with a dry cotton rag. Make sure that there are no remaining dust particles or fibers after you clean the contacts. I blow gently to remove dust after cleaning. Also, wipe the contacts on the ends of your batteries. In my case, this has made apparently dead batteries suddenly appear to have a full charge.

-Joe-

06-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you very much to all quick replies ....
Regards Brian Smith ..... in England UK.
06-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

K100D battery grip does exist, however they are third party items.

1. Ownuser version K100D Grip [FBH-P2]
Good for increasing battery life, but the shutter plastic door has to be open to use the vertical shutter release.

2. Dicain version Dicain PentaxK100D Shutter Grip SG-2 + K100D LCD screen Protecter cover included | eBay
The solution for vertical shutter release looks a bit more elegant, but there is no battery slot so you won't increase battery life. I have also heard reports of bad build quality. I guess you get what you pay for...

You cant control anything with the grip other than the shutter release, which is the dealbreaker for me personally :/

If you want a K100D with a battery grip, look into K200D. You can also upgrade to the more recent bodies for better battery life, especially if you're not married to AA batteries. Lithium simply lasts way longer.

For the time being I recommend to just switch to Eneloops though like the previous posters said.

Last edited by Andi Lo; 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.
07-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #7

Hi Brian.
I had exactly the same problem with my K100D, it would drain even very high quality NimH batteries after about 10 shots ;-(. My solution was to buy some RCR-V3, Li-ion rechargeables and a couple of chargers from Ebay, (total cost about 25) these give me about 250-300 shots per charge and are just about the same size to carry around as a set of 4 AA size batteries.

P.S. you will need at least two RCR-V3's to power your camera.
07-19-2014, 03:19 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Brian,
I concur with welshgog. Eneloops drained within a day. RCR-V3 rechargeables worked. Now this K100D reliably takes about 300 shots on one charge.
Charger has optional connection for use in car.
Strange thing is my second K100D works quite happily with Eneloops giving similar number of shots.
Oh, got my batteries and charger from Amazon.
Cheers