Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Diagnistic software for K10D

My trusted K10D has suddenly stopped working after just 22000 exposures. At first it was just the mirror and shutter that stopped moving, but now it sounds like there's a problem with the SR on the sensor. It sounds like it tries to move it but like if there's a motor not working as it should.

Had it in for repairs but they just told me it was too expensive to fix so I got it back.

I have now ordered the K3 but I would love to try bringing the K10 back to life. I have the Service Manual and I want to start trying to find out if there is a chance to fix it. In this Service Manual there is a reference to a diagnostic software
QuoteQuote:
Preparation of Adjustments
[Required equipment]
Programmed software for 76830 (Supply with CD-ROM)
Computer (PC)
SD card 3 pieces (16MB or above)
SD card reader or USB cable (I-USB17) … For connecting with PC
Does anyone know if it's possible to download this software anywhere?

06-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't 'know' but I would be shocked, stunned, surprised if that software was available to anyone but an authorized Pentax repair facility. And even if you had a copy might require test gear to interface with. Always fun to tinker and bring equipment back to life but just like modern automobiles that is no longer so easy for the garage mechanic without sophisticated and expensive tools.