Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Why user WR gear?

This is why

07-09-2014, 04:55 AM   #2

What camera and lens was this? And the Canon of the other photographer was probably soaked.
07-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bvanes Quote
What camera and lens was this?
My guess would be GoPro.

Steve
07-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LOL, and here I was just worried about almost falling into a pool again. I would never, ever get on that small of a boat to photograph in whale/big shark territory. That boat that's a lake or river sized boat if you ask me. If it's not tug boat sized or bigger I don't set foot onto it. I just don't trust little boats when there are BIG fish around. I can get totally sick on a cruise ship. A small boat is awful for me. Ships can be sunk, of course, but I'd still much rather be on a boat that's bigger than a whale or a great white than on one that isn't. I almost took a small boat tour around Alcatraz once. I had taken my sea sick pill, had a ticket bought and in my hand. They were boarding when I saw a large fin out in the water and no, it wasn't dolphins or porpoises folks, those I am well acquainted with having grown up seeing them. I very quietly backed out of that line and gave my ticket to someone else on the pier who wanted to go. That boat just wasn't big enough that I felt safe sailing by Jaws....:P

07-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My guess would be GoPro.
You'd guess correctly.
Read Dale's account here
Blue Whale Boat Incident (Updated 7/7/2014 @ 9:00pm) - Dale Frink