Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D battery/power anomaly

I have had the K20D for just under a month now and have made only about 100 exposures. On 2 occasions I have had a power problem. When I turn the camera off I notice that the shots remaining number in the upper LCD display is still visible. If I turn the camera back on that number disappears and the battery symbol is visible but the camera will not operate. By removing the battery and replacing it the camera will operate normally. But the last shot taken is not there. I am using a battery which I have used without incident in my K10D. The contacts on the battery appear to be clean. I am hesitant to mess with the contacts in the body. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it something I should be seriously concerned about? Any suggesstions are appreciated.
Tom

05-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Not familiar with the K20 but it seems logical to me that you should test another battery before you do anything else.
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #3

If it's not an original Pentax battery I would try one. Maybe K20D needs more current than K10D and the battery just can't cope with it.
05-07-2008, 01:39 AM   #4

Tom,

It look like your problem is somehow similar to mine. Have a look here.

I have contacted my seller and got advised to read manual again before I send it back

Rgds

Tom

05-07-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaiChiTom Quote
I have had the K20D for just under a month now and have made only about 100 exposures. On 2 occasions I have had a power problem. When I turn the camera off I notice that the shots remaining number in the upper LCD display is still visible. If I turn the camera back on that number disappears and the battery symbol is visible but the camera will not operate. By removing the battery and replacing it the camera will operate normally. But the last shot taken is not there. I am using a battery which I have used without incident in my K10D. The contacts on the battery appear to be clean. I am hesitant to mess with the contacts in the body. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it something I should be seriously concerned about? Any suggesstions are appreciated.
Tom
Power switch problem - send it back.
05-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I had similar issues but not quite the same. It would dispay the shots left and also lock up.

I had a dodgy SD card, changed back to one of my Sandisk ones and all is perfect.

Who would a thunk it!

PK