Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Lena Question

Hello. I recently purchased a Pentax *ist DS with the 18-55 DA kit lens. I am really pleased with the performance. of the camera. I saw an ad at Abe's of Maine for a close out Sigma 7-210 manual zoom. I realize that focusing will be manual, but what feature will be available with the DS other than complete manual exposure ?
thanks for your help...
Charles

Last edited by Charles; 01-26-2007 at 06:09 PM.
01-28-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums Charles.

Your question should be posted in the Pentax SLR Lens Discussion forum as that is what your questions relates to. This particular forum is for site announcements.

Adam, is there a way for mods to move threads? I don't see it in the thread options.
01-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should be able to move threads and posts from the dropdowns at the top and bottom of this page.

I'll move the thread right now.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

u should keep pretty much everything usefull except the ability to let the camera autofocus for u..

thow thinking about it u do lose the cameras proper flash function with a full manual lens..

personally i like autfocus and even thow i have manual lenses the loss of autfocus is enough to mean i never use them.. but others like the idea..

trog