Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2014, 03:20 AM   #1

K10D & battery grip

Hi just got a s/ hand K10d to replace crappy K100D super ( cant keep up to batteries)
It came with a Pentax D BG 2 vertical / battery grip .
As there was no instruction ( any way no good as it came from Japan) I found book for the K 10D but 1 thing I have found out & dont know if its right the grips on / off switch doesnt work on the switch on the body. By this I mean you have to turn on the camera or off by the main switch on the shutter. The shutter works on the vertical grip & DOF preview af etc but no matter what postion the vertial grip is it doesnt turn it on / off. I also only have 1 battery & have tried it in both camera body & grip set on auto body grip etc & same results
Thanks for any help

08-04-2014, 04:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The on off switch on the grip ONLY turns the grip on or off. It does NOT turn the camera on or off.

You still need the turn the camera on with the switch around the shutter release button, and then, if you want, you can also turn the grip on, using the switch on the grip.

Regards

Chris
08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for that Now I under stand
08-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can get a K10 manual here: Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

08-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote
if you want, you can also turn the grip on
Aye, but only when you wish to use the button to fire the shutter for say portrait shooting, otherwise you can leave it off.