Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K100d auto bracket, more than 3 shots?

Hi, I've been playing around a lot with HDR recently and would love to get more than 3 shots out of the K100d. I don't have a good enough tripod to take 3 shots, change the compensation values and then take 3 more. But....... the k100d operations manual says this

------------------------
When you release your finger from the shutter release button during auto bracketing, the auto bracketing exposure setting will remain effective for twice as much time as the as the exposure metering timer (default is 20 seconds) and you can take a picture at the next compensation value. In this case, auto focusing works for each frame. After twice as much time as the exposure metering timer, the camera returns to the settings for taking the first picture.
------------------------

I interpret that as meaning that you can:
- take 3 shots
- take more shots at the next compensation value if you hit the shutter release within 20 seconds

This is exactly what I want but I can't make it work.

Can some one tell me if i am interpreting the operations manual incorrectly?
If I am reading it correctly, is anyone able to make this function work?

cheers
mike

05-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

"When you release your finger from the shutter release button during auto bracketing..."

I interpret that as meaning that you can:
- take 3 shots
- take more shots at the next compensation value if you hit the shutter release within 20 seconds

This is exactly what I want but I can't make it work.

Can some one tell me if i am interpreting the operations manual incorrectly?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are reading it incorrectly. "During" means after exposure #1 or #2. If you have taken three shots, you have completed the bracketing. More shots would start at the first value again.
05-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks special K. It makes sense. It's not the answer i wanted but it appears to be the correct answer.

Oh well.... three frames it is then!

mike