Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RH....

You seem to take great pleasure in this post...

Get a life RH...Please!!!! Go out for once in your life and enjoy taking photos. If you ever do so, you might find some real joy in your meaningless and anally retentive existence.

You really don't get it do you?

Benjamin Kanarek
Someone who has taken photos professionally for over 27 years. Owns an Ad Agency and is a Music Composer...

05-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snigelben Quote
Sorry, now I'm confused. Is this forum some kind of cult?
Not at all...RH does not take photos. He spews forth un-objective rants that are aimed at discrediting Pentax. It would not surprise me in the least if he is paid by Canon or Nikon for this sole purpose.

Last edited by benjikan; 05-09-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Syntax
05-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #18

Ah Ben,

I only wish I had said that first. Rh has been like this for years on a number of different forums. I actually think he has one grain short.

Peter
05-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #19

I have a K10D and two K20D's. None of them have a single hot pixel!...

RH, just out of curiosity, I went to your website.... The WORSE 10 minutes I spent in my life!!!! And you say you are not a Pentax Basher????

Are you trying to compensate for something small you have??? GET A LIFE!!!

Cheers!

Gene

05-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Moderators! Please merge this thread!

Moderators!

Can you please take some action and merge this thread to existing ones?

No point having a new thread where its main purpose is to direct traffic to his blog site!!
05-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #21
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nosnoop. I agree but I really did enjoy seeing Ben wade in. Great to see a tier one Professional photographer tell RH to wake up and get a life. Unfortunately even from Ben, it's a wasted effort.
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #22
racinsince55

My post from January 4, 2008

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/17624-only-20-days-i-can-hardly-wait.html

Just 20 days and no more about "NDA's" or "I ran into a guy" or "this is what I think it will have". Just 20 days and we'll all know.

Unfortunately, that will be followed by a year of RichHigh telling us about everything wrong with Pentax new offerings and flooding the forums with his garbage.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got my checkbook ready.

05-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I never found any hot (or cold) pixel with my K20D after 1 1/2 month use. I think the image quality is even better than I expected (and I expected quite a bit).
05-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Benjamin Kanarek
Someone who has taken photos professionally for over 27 years. Owns an Ad Agency and is a Music Composer...

Not to mention, someone who is posting with his real full name. So whatever crazy stuff you might say we know you stand behind it and accept the consequences to your reputation for good or ill. That earns some respect regardless of photography skill.

So, Rice High, I have a challenge for you, beyond the "show us some photos" one: show us who you are. What's your name, and who do you work for?

And, really, showing some photographs really wouldn't hurt.
05-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #25

Hmmm?

I've never done this before, but now it is time to set up a filter.

EDIT: How do I do it? I tought it was strait forward, but could not figrue it out. Please help me.

Last edited by Fototim; 05-09-2008 at 04:06 PM.
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cloudswimmer Quote
Rice, just curious, are you actually a photographer?I just checked your two web links and couldn't find any photographs with any artistic merit, or even vacation snap shots.They may be there, but if so, they are hard to navigate to.I've always had a hard time in my 35 years of doing this to take technical advice from those who are not credible photographers, whether it was film, developers, lenses, or in this era digital tools.
Very good point
05-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Moderators!

Can you please take some action and merge this thread to existing ones?

No point having a new thread where its main purpose is to direct traffic to his blog site!!
I second this notion, this is nothing but another Ricehigh self promotion thread. This is attention whoring spam.

Nothing he has said hasn't been covered extensively in other threads.

Delete this thread.
05-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #28

No hot pixels, just hot pictures - from the camera

Have my K20 for 3 weeks, tried live view sparingly and have given it a fair working out.
Shot a wedding last weekend, peformed well.
Here are a few straight out .JPG'S as shot, resized only, no PP or USM.
First one at 800 ISO followed by 3200, works for me.
A one lens wedding, Tamron 18~250, had a few focus issues in extreme low light at the reception, other than that worked well , a powerfull combo IMO.

Last edited by Sergei; 05-22-2008 at 04:19 AM.
05-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #29
Forum Member

I shoot a lot of B&w still life on black backgrounds.So far I have not seen one hot pixel, and I ONLY use live view and manual lenses.In my K20D manual it does talk about the possibility of hot pixels occuring, and how to use the remapping function, so I kinda have expected to see some from the beggining, but have not yet.Even if they do pop up I figure a couple seconds spottimg em out in photoshop is still a lot easier than sitting over my 4x5 and 8x10 negs with spotone and a brush

Cut Conch Shell, K20D and Pentax M 50mm f/1.7
05-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Not at all...RH does not take photos. He spews forth un-objective rants that are aimed at discrediting Pentax. It would not surprise me in the least if he is paid by Canon or Nikon for this sole purpose.
I for one would find it more comforting if someone was paying him for it - at least then there would be a rational reason for it.

Personally, he reminds me of the Grinch - he's found a group of people deriving fun and enjoyment from something and that simply won't do!
Closed Thread