Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, JPEG should have no hot pixels, BUT..

QuoteOriginally posted by Sergei Quote
Have my K20 for 3 weeks, tried live view sparingly and have given it a fair working out.
Shot a wedding last weekend, peformed well.
Here are a few straight out .JPG'S as shot, resized only, no PP or USM.
First one at 800 ISO followed by 3200, works for me.
A one lens wedding, Tamron 18~250, had a few focus issues in extreme low light at the reception, other than that worked well , a powerfull combo IMO.
I notice that in the EXIF tags of your pics that you shot in jpeg mode solely. So, you should notice no hot pixels as it was also reported by the Polish reviewers, I re-quote their findings below again:

"See the above URL and go to section 7 for samples of noise and hot pixels. The site also found that there are many hot pixels (more than in other equipment they tested), and that the hot pixels are permanently mapped and excluded in JPEGs during in camera processing, thus there is more and more excluded hot pixels due to their unpredictable and changing appearance. It was unclear is there a way of resetting this mapping, but this would be fixable (if Pentax decides to do so) in future firmware."

If what it is said is true, the problem seems to be even more serious than permanent fixed hot pixels are seen.

Closed Thread