Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a quick look on the software. Did not understand any of the Russian text. However, in terms of function it seems this is exactly what I need with my BF problem. The problem occurs with one lens only.
Does anyone have further information about how the adjustment works?
If I got it right, you can store up to 4 different settings into the camera.
Does the camera/software recognise the lens installed? How does it choose which one of the stored settings to use?

06-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #17

K10D Firmware 1.3 Debug Mode Unleashed!

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
I had a quick look on the software. Did not understand any of the Russian text. However, in terms of function it seems this is exactly what I need with my BF problem. The problem occurs with one lens only.
Does anyone have further information about how the adjustment works?
If I got it right, you can store up to 4 different settings into the camera.
Does the camera/software recognise the lens installed? How does it choose which one of the stored settings to use?
I've started a how to on debug mode and I will do an AF mode shortly.

You can find it here - Photography Rulez

Glad someone has more technical know-how than me. I guess our buddies over there have all that free time in the winter to dig into the technical details.

Here in Florida the weather's to nice to be stuck indoors all the time. LOL

Seriously though, thanks for this software.

Tim
06-25-2008, 02:48 AM   #18
Veteran Member

makc has released new version in english language. You can download it here:
http://dednev.pisem.net/setup_gx10_dmctrl_1.1u_eng.exe
Password is: penta-club.ru

His original message on Penta-Club forum: 100 , GX-10 10 v1.30! - -
06-25-2008, 03:14 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Good!
Could anybody help to double check for me....Could it be working for K200d!

Last edited by ckanthon; 06-25-2008 at 03:45 AM.
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

The link does not seem to open a page, or download an application when I
a) Click on it
b) save link as:

When tryinging to (b) I get an error message stating "A connection with the server cannot be established"

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by bwield; 06-25-2008 at 03:05 PM.
06-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bwield Quote
The link does not seem to open a page, or download an application when I
a) Click on it
b) save link as:

When tryinging to (b) I get an error message stating "A connection with the server cannot be established"

Am I doing something wrong?
Hei,

The link seemed still working finely. Error message on your PC ?!? (Please check the fiewall security setting)
Attached Images

Last edited by ckanthon; 06-25-2008 at 07:56 PM.
10-16-2008, 04:49 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Adjusted my K10D today and now the focus is dead on.
First I tested the focus with the 35mm macro at f/2.8 ... focused on the extruded part on the "J" key on my keyboard and the focus was a bit off ... it focused behind it. Then I set the focus compensation to +80m and it focused correctly.

Great stuff ... now I have to test it in the field.
10-16-2008, 06:41 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I have a general question about how this debug mode works:

do you adjust the AF for each lens or do you adjust for the body?

I think it is for the lens, but if so, does the camera memorize the lens you are adjusting for? And it is for the VERY specific lens (serial number) or for any same-model lens?

Thanks in advance!

10-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #24
Veteran Member

If I recall correctly reading from other forums, it's a body adjustment and not per lens on the K10D.

QuoteOriginally posted by BBear Quote

I think it is for the lens, but if so, does the camera memorize the lens you are adjusting for? And it is for the VERY specific lens (serial number) or for any same-model lens?

Thanks in advance!
10-16-2008, 07:11 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BBear Quote

The adjustment on the K10D is for the body and it effects all lenses. For the K20D it is for the same-model lens, it uses the transmitted lens-id which is also stored in EXIF information.

I adjusted my K10: first at +70 for my FA77, now at +100 because my 18-250 needed a bit more. The good news is that eg my Tokina 400 did focus correctly and still does, so it does effect each lens in a different way.

It is highly likely that if you discover backfocussing with a lens, others are also backfocussing, but that you didn't notice it. An Fa77/1.8 will show focus problems much more clearly than a 12-24 or 18-55 kit lens, because of the very shallow depth-of-field of the 77.
10-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #26
Veteran Member

What's the relationship between um and distance on the test chart? I wanted to bring the focus forward about 2mm...

On further review, my 85/1.4 distributes the focus zone between the center line and +10mm while the 43/1.9 sweet spot seems to be somewhere between -10mm and +5mm. Guess it's not too far off is my guess?

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
I adjusted my K10: first at +70 for my FA77, now at +100 because my 18-250 needed a bit more. The good news is that eg my Tokina 400 did focus correctly and still does, so it does effect each lens in a different way.

Last edited by legacyb4; 10-16-2008 at 07:48 PM.
10-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
The good news is that eg my Tokina 400 did focus correctly and still does, so it does effect each lens in a different way.

i dont get it... if it is a BODY adjustment, how can you offset it by 100 and still have good lenses focusing spot on even after the adjusment? shouldnt the sharp lenses now be 100 off?

10-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #28
Inactive Account

@BBear
It should be if the lens was focusing OK prior to the body adjustment. But my take on this is that all my lenses were back-focusing because of the body. I just didn't notice it on sharper lenses.
11-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #29
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I finally got up the guts to try this after throwing away so many of my own pictures.

I found that starting with the 16-50 gave me one setting, then went to the 50mm 1.4, then to the 50-135, progressively getting better results. Settled on +80.
11-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #30
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I used this with my 77mm FA Ltd at F/1.8. Nice difference. This is some of the best info I've gotten from lurking on this forum.

The program does not, however, work well with Vista. Once I found a laptop with XP, no worries.

My only question, and it has been asked by others, is, if this is a one-time adjustment for all lenses, why doesn't Pentax make this adjustment when the camera leaves the factory? Will this need to be done again, say when the camera is in a different climate or wears?