Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sorver Quote
Yep both the seller and the Pentax supplier here in Qld I was pretty miffed at the time. Think they saw it as an opportunity to make some more bucks although the rep I spoke to did manage to find a possible loaner k-3 for me but I was hesitant because if anything happened to it I would be expected to pay and my insurance wouldn't cover it and I would have to pay for a camera that wasn't mine. All of this happened on Monday and they had no cameras in the country and then a shipment arrived of k-50 that arvo and she got one sent to Office in Qld for me but failed to give me a price on Wednesday there was a state holiday and still hadn't contacted me by Thursday so I had to ring her so needed to decide by Friday and gather some money together so I have the w/e to make my mind up.
Yep, so it seems to me that the camera was not fit for its intended purpose and you should be entitled to an immediate full refund or a new replacement camera.
They can argue that they can have it repaired but not being able to use it on your holidays is "not fit for its intended purpose".

08-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #17

Yep good old CR Kennedy what a bunch of p****s I was really sad the day that Bronica & Metz were stopped going from Gunz here in Oz to C R Kennedy . From 1 really good company to a bunch of A holes.
CR Kennedy is the reason why I would never buy a new Pentax Metz or Sigma product in here in Oz would rather get a grey import
08-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Punctuation. It's a good thing!
08-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Maybe Pentaxforums should open a Pentax store for your"little" country

08-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

You are so lovely I wouldn't take your offer though for the same reason I wouldn't take the k-3 that they may have been able to lend me because if anything happened to it I would be horrified.
I personally would find a camera rental company and rent a body, because I think there's a flaw in your logic.

you are afraid to (in worst case) completely destroy or lose the "new" body, in which case you'd have to replace it and you'd be out the full purchase price.

instead you prefer to purchase another body, in which case you are out the full purchase price regardless.

since you will have a functioning body in the future, minimize the financial impact and rent or take a loaner, since it's only in a worst case scenario you are out the full purchase price.

if you insist on purchasing a new camera, you might as well upgrade for this "trip of a lifetime" and get the k3. sell the k50 upon return to recoup costs.

It really makes no sense to me to purchase a duplicate/redundant second body (k50 or k5) just because you are afraid you might lose/ruin it.

I'm sure there are several PF members that would be willing happy to ship you a spare body they have lying around. Terms might be something like you pay costs to and from OZ and only if you break it you buy it for a prenegotiated price with the money perhaps held in escrow, such as paypal. It wouldn't be any different than putting down a deposit on a loaner, and at least you aren't out the full cost of a new body before your trip even begins.

Last edited by nomadkng; 08-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.
08-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Buy a used body, any one, for a fair price, go on vacation, sell it when you get back. You're not out anything that way.
08-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

k-3 would be awesome but scared to death of it having issues
Despite what you may have read on these forums, that is an irrational fear. At least it is irrational in practical terms. Your chances of getting a bad K-3 are no larger than getting another bad K-50 or getting a bad EOS 700D or bad D5200.

Steve

08-16-2014, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Veteran Member

Hi - I'm in Melbourne. I have 3 K5s a K3 and a K01. One of my K5's has had an accident with the fizzy drink sprite. It's metering isn't always accurate but can be easily adjusted. I replaced it at the time with a new k5 as I couldn't afford to stuff up some jobs. If you are in or near Melbourne I'm happy for you to borrow the camera. It doesn't matter what happens to it. It is my high risk camera.
08-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #24
Veteran Member

For tourist type travel, a good option may simply be to take along a quality pocketable compact like a Sony RX100 (version 1 prices have dropped a lot now) or perhaps a Ricoh GR instead of a DSLR + lenses + charger + bag etc etc.

Just saying.
08-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
I don't think the mirror flop issue is anywhere near as common as is is made to seem
I must admit I don't understand the K3 mirror flop drama. If by some chance it happens, you take the battery out and put it back in.....6-7 seconds of effort every few months at worst maybe......none of us would be in a relationship the didn't require more effort then that in each 5 minute block of interaction!

On another note....it's nice to see that members here are willing to loan an online stranger a spare camera.....says something about the Pentax comeradery for sure......
08-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok gang I just don't know where to start the out pouring of kindness and suggestions has just overwhelmed me. I can not believe how lovely you all are.
So here is where I am at.
Drove to Brisbane and got a K-3 with a 18-135 WR for $1699 lovely lady Sandi of Teds camera house in the city did me an awesome deal lovely lady so if you need anything highly recommend her. Have the grip comming from DCExperts eBay. Two week return if anything goes wrong with the k-3.
So very little battery charge but set up basics and took a couple of shots OMG I thought how could it be that much better than my K-50 well I found out how I love this camera it is truly amazing. Thank you again to those that again offered me their pride and joys I hope one day I can return the favour and May life be as kind to you as you have been to me. Those that eased my fears about the K-3 issues thank you. Those with suggestions on rental etc thank you ,
I read every reply and took each one with the earnest in which it was given. My lens is being sent seperately sold as a kit but didn't have one in stock.
So now for the trip home so I can charge and play till my hearts content.
What an awesome bunch of people you are.
08-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Ok gang I just don't know where to start the out pouring of kindness and suggestions has just overwhelmed me. I can not believe how lovely you all are.
So here is where I am at.
Drove to Brisbane and got a K-3 with a 18-135 WR for $1699 lovely lady Sandi of Teds camera house in the city did me an awesome deal lovely lady so if you need anything highly recommend her. Have the grip comming from DCExperts eBay. Two week return if anything goes wrong with the k-3.
So very little battery charge but set up basics and took a couple of shots OMG I thought how could it be that much better than my K-50 well I found out how I love this camera it is truly amazing. Thank you again to those that again offered me their pride and joys I hope one day I can return the favour and May life be as kind to you as you have been to me. Those that eased my fears about the K-3 issues thank you. Those with suggestions on rental etc thank you ,
I read every reply and took each one with the earnest in which it was given. My lens is being sent seperately sold as a kit but didn't have one in stock.
So now for the trip home so I can charge and play till my hearts content.
What an awesome bunch of people you are.
Good on you......remember to show us some shots when you get backl!
08-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Good on you......remember to show us some shots when you get backl!
Hehe I sure will 👍

---------- Post added 08-17-14 at 12:07 AM ----------

Sigh should be mandatory batteries come fully charged with cameras lol "battery depleted"
08-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Trust you will have a great trip. Also like to get a report when you return.
08-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
Trust you will have a great trip. Also like to get a report when you return.
Will do if I don't have a great trip will be nobody's fault but my own 😀