Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K200d sudden battery issue

I use this at work for basic product shots. Had it a few years but only up to a few 1000 shots..
Today it decided it no longer likes AA Alk. batteries.. I know not the best choice but it has worked fine for a few years this way.. Now a new set shows bat at 1/2 and soon "exhausts" and shuts down. Sometimes I can restart it sometimes not.. Seems more than a bat issue. Common problem or not??

Focus indicator gets wonky as well. working some times and not others.. Not sure if this is bat related or not. Camera has never seen the "elements"..

Thought of getting a set of Li-ion but it seems more of a problem than this..

Oh checked the contacts as well.. seem clean

08-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #2

I have that same issue with my *istD. I went to a set of rechargable Enegizers and that has seemed to clear that issue. Sometimes when you turn it on I have to go all the way to the DOF then back to on and it comes right up. My K200D doesn't like Alk batteries either. I've been using either the rechargables, Enegizer, Eneloops and some others with no issue. Right now I have a set of Lithium AA's in there that are doing just great.
08-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yeah , my iSTD would not even fire up on Alkalines or Lithium ..
Popped in a set of Nimh , and ran sweet as could be ..

Yeah , iSTD - K200D have battery issues , my first K200D died for no apparent reason .. I took out the batteries to recharge them and when it came to restart the camera = No Go !
It never fired up again , after a little research , seems the breed ( AA cameras ) has serious battery issues ..

I liked the first K200D so much , when a second low mileage camera became available , I snapped it up .
That K200D is on its second battery recharge since buying it earlier this year . ( Has fact original battery grip )

Got to love LSD nimh batteries
08-22-2014, 01:43 AM   #4

iSTD sounds something you get from apple and it leaves with penicilin.

I thought I lost my Ist DL for good but new set of NiMH batteries (Eneloops) and cleaning the contact gave it a life. I also got K100D dirt cheap and did same thing.

Still occasionally the camera turns off and needs to be rebooted even if the batteries are full. Mostly after agressive shoting.

08-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
istD , istDL , istDS ....

I have owned the istD , and the istDS
08-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
FOLLOWUP:
After getting a set of NiMH to try and digging through the trash.. apparently I had used a AA Lithiums NOT AA alkaline before..
Opps...talk about embarrassing.

Back on track. It really does hate "normal" AA's..