Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #1

Pentax photo Browser/Library Software for Windows 8.1

I can only find the 3.X version on the web site which is for Windows Vista. I have Windows 8.1 64Bit version. Is there updates of the software for Windows 8.1 32 and 64 bit? Also, the website states you have to have the previous version of the software installed before it will let you install a newer one. I have the *istD which means I have to go back and reinstall version 1.X which I already know both the browse and library software don't work on my Windows 8.1 64 bit. Will newer versions of the software simply detect the version is on board (even if it doesn't work) and let me install the newer version anyway? This will be a lot of work to find out the 3.X version for Vista will not work on Win8.1 or Win8.1(64 bit). So if anybody knows where I can get a version for Windows 8.1 or if a version will become available soon and when, I will greatly appreciate it.

08-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax doesn't post the full versions of its software on the web site. You need the actual CD with the newer software (included with newer cameras) or an ISO from a friend, etc. I believe the current release is version 5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pmighetto Quote
Will newer versions of the software simply detect the version is on board (even if it doesn't work) and let me install the newer version anyway?
Yes, usually. It has worked that way with me upgrading various versions of the Pentax Digital Camera Utility software.

And usually there is not much problem problem getting software that is stated to be Windows Vista compatible to work with Windows 8.*.

However I would seriously suggest that you examine alternatives to your Pentax supplied software. Lightroom, for example. It's more capable software, and is actually kept up to date.
11-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
Pentax photo Browser/Library Software

Does anyone have the download file for this software or for the newer "Pentax Digital Camera Utility software"?
The link at the Pentax site which I think gets me to the correct page appears to be stale or is not supported anymore?

I need it for this loaner PC I have.

Thanks,

Paul Mighetto

11-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

For the newest version you need to buy a K3 or someone who will loan you their CD.