Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 12:17 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm a Pentaxian

I just found this from a few years back and it brought a smile to my face

I'm a PENTAXIAN. A loyalist. A diehard.

I once carried a K1000 around with me everywhere I went, only reluctantly setting it down to take the occasional shower. I tell my kids bedtime stories about those heady days when the camera known simply as the Pentax was the best-selling SLR made.

I don't spend countless hours pixel peeping. I just take pictures and whilst I may be tempted, on occasion, to turn to a stranger in a lift and say, the best auto-focus SLR Lens ever made is the PENTAX 31MM F/1.8, I'd really rather be using me equipment than talking about it.

Pentax understands that cameras don't take pictures, Photographers do. Their new Digital SLR's are the result of listening to Pentaxians and delivering tools for true photography lovers.

These cameras are already creating more loyalists. So, the question is: Can these newcomers count themselves among the diehards? Hey, we're Pentaxians and not photography snobs so welcome aboard!

08-29-2014, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #2

I really, really like this. While I find all of the speculation and doomsaying and positivity and any other aspect of posts in the FF related threads or the future of pentax threads or any other thread entertaining, when it comes down to it, I love the gear this brand puts out. I find nothing wrong with other brands, Canon, Nikon, etc, they're clearly around for a reason. They have their positives. Pentax just happens to strike my fancy. I don't care what market share they have. I have my gear, and I just care that they continue to produce gear that my gear buying devil on my shoulder insists I must spend money I probably shouldn't spend on. I'm a software developer, not a business person. I'll leave any decisions to them and trust that people that get paid to do what they do will make the decisions best for the company.

I'm a Pentaxian, and I shoot in the rain.

-- edit --

I'm not trying to passive aggressively chastise anyone or make any statement about anyone else's opinions about FF or anything else. Strictly the only intent I have in this post is to say I don't care as long as I'm shooting with what I know to be Pentax.

Last edited by pezmaker; 08-29-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: clarification
08-29-2014, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax has loyalists? Obviously PentaxIsDoooomed™.

Why does adding the ™ have to be so much harder on Window$ than on a Mac?
08-29-2014, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Below my username it says I am one.

08-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In a word, yep!
08-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been one since my firs tone . a K1000 bought in the mid 70's.
08-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice. I particularly resonate with the statement "these cameras are already creating many more loyalists", because it was the K10D which got me back into the club.

08-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Trawlerman Quote
I once carried a K1000 around with me everywhere I went, only reluctantly setting it down to take the occasional shower.
I don't even set my K-3 down to take a shower. That's what weather sealing is for. Duh!