Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2014, 01:56 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Focus indicator

on my little km when im shooting i half press the shutter button and it auto focuses when in focus it bleeps and shows a little green indicator HERE IS MY Q dose the k-500 do that i believe the k-50 and as they are supposed to be the same camera except weather seal

08-31-2014, 02:22 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rusky40 Quote
on my little km when im shooting i half press the shutter button and it auto focuses when in focus it bleeps and shows a little green indicator HERE IS MY Q dose the k-500 do that i believe the k-50 and as they are supposed to be the same camera except weather seal
The K-500 doesn't have the dots in the viewfinder, but it beeps and behaves exactly as you describe in live view.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-31-2014, 03:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

So there are three confirmations.
-Beep. This is just the sound, can be turned off. All modern Pentax DSLRs have this
-Green hexagon in the viewfinder, next to the information. This hexagon is the true focus confirm. It appears when the AF point confirmed focus. This even appears if you use CiF and manual lenses, I think. All modern Pentax DSLRs have this
-Red square focus overlay in the viewfinder. This merely shows which AF point confirmed focus, and does not guarantee correct focus. Also, these overlays are much smaller than the actual AF point, so maybe focus is just near the overlay. These are not AF confirm, more like point indicator. The K-500 does not have this, but the other cameras do (K-x also doesn't have it, I think, and possibly some other older cameras as well). The K-50 has this.

Disclaimer: I don't own a K-500, but this is what i understood from the spec sheets. Maybe someone who has the camera will chime in

Last edited by Na Horuk; 08-31-2014 at 05:34 AM.
08-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The green dot in bottom rt corner is the one i meant, what camera do you use Na Horuk

08-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Well right now I have two old SLRs and K-r and K-01. The K-01 doesn't have any focus indicators btw, as its always in live view. You can see the focus fairly well on the screen, though, and focus peaking can help with some lenses.