Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K20D ratings ~ 4.5 - 5.0

My reasons for rating this camera as 4.5/5.0 ---classification.

1. construction: very well built - sturdy body. Buttons at in areas that are easy to reach. The screen is bold and colourful.

2. features: nicely presented - as what is to be found on a pro series SLR camera.

3. Image quality: This is where I honestly have to say - I'm taken! I have a Nikon D300 and I have to say that this Pentax K20D camera not only performs better in some cases than the D300 in terms of noise- but the colours on the Pentax are brighter and bolder too. Amazing... you'll just have to go and and see for yourselves. Remarkable.... and eye opening!

Value for money....

Here is a great pleace to find more about Pentax K20D

You can't beat the price for the quality... not at all!

05-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gubak Quote
My reasons for rating this camera as 4.5/5.0 ---classification.

1. construction: very well built - sturdy body. Buttons at in areas that are easy to reach. The screen is bold and colourful.

2. features: nicely presented - as what is to be found on a pro series SLR camera.

3. Image quality: This is where I honestly have to say - I'm taken! I have a Nikon D300 and I have to say that this Pentax K20D camera not only performs better in some cases than the D300 in terms of noise- but the colours on the Pentax are brighter and bolder too. Amazing... you'll just have to go and and see for yourselves. Remarkable.... and eye opening!

Value for money....

Here is a great pleace to find more about Pentax K20D

You can't beat the price for the quality... not at all!
Thank you for your evaluation of the K20D. I would say that I would probably rate it about the same as you.

Your points:
1) Ergonomics is a strong point of Pentax cameras for mine and one of the reasons why I have stuck with them.

2) Value for money is also a strong suit of Pentax

3) An Australian magazine recently stated that the K20D has the best image quality of any APS C DSLR they have tested to date. Chasseur d'Image stated that the image quality was at least the equal to the D300.

I must say that the resolution and overall image quality is outstanding and I couldn't be happier.
05-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

I recently drove through Utah & Colorado on the way home from California. On the way, I took some shots with the K20D, and it occurred to me that a lot of the vistas, buttes and landscapes I was shooting out in the desert - stuff that a lot of photographers have probably photographed over the years - had probably never been photographed by a K20D before then.

I was floored by the images. I don't recall seeing amateur level photos of 'western' vistas ever looking that good in any publication (and I am an amateur!)

I was using the DA* twins, but good as they are, I have to give a lot of the credit to this remarkable sensor.

---> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/27199-da-16-50-american-west.html

---> Picasa Web Albums - Jay - 16-50_50-135_...

05-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gubak Quote
I have a Nikon D300 and I have to say that this Pentax K20D camera not only performs better in some cases than the D300 in terms of noise- but the colours on the Pentax are brighter and bolder too.
That's good to hear from a real user of both.