Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
dave

looks much the same as my 0.45X adaptor.,
Lowell,
I think that 0.45x is to extreme and will add to much distortion. I imagine it would be great for the special effects though.

Dave

05-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dave Quote
Lowell,
I think that 0.45x is to extreme and will add to much distortion. I imagine it would be great for the special effects though.

Dave
I don't disagree, I bought it to extend my P&S but found it worked on my 24mm to give an 11mm semi fisheye. It is a play thing more than anything else for me.

if I want streight lines i use my sigma 10-20, but you can, easily, correct the distortion. I use PSP X2 and it has a barrel distortion correction tool that can make the worst fisheye a rectalinear image.
05-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
[QUOTE=Lowell Goudge; I use PSP X2 and it has a barrel distortion correction tool that can make the worst fisheye a rectalinear image.[/QUOTE]

Lowell,
That PSP X2 sounds great. Is that an abreiviation or the actual name of the program? It would be useful to use with my fisheye for super wide shots. I can't justify a 10-20mm zoom.

Dave
05-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lowell,
That PSP X2 sounds great. Is that an abreiviation or the actual name of the program? It would be useful to use with my fisheye for super wide shots. I can't justify a 10-20mm zoom.

Dave
Dave

Program is called Paint Shop Pro Version X2 hence PSP X2

It was origonally published by jasc up to version 9, but by Corel for Versions X XI and X2

It has Barrel Distortion, pincushion distortion and fisheye distortion corrections.

ALso, if youo own the 10-17, and the pentax software there is lens correction for distortion in the software I believe, although I have not tried it,

05-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #20

I have two conververter from P&S times, a Raynox 0.66x and a Olympus 1.7x.

The Olympus works quite ok on a 1.4/50, sharpness is, say, acceptable. Contrast is really low, it would definitely need heavy PP.

The Raynox is worse in terms of sharpness and contrast, next to unusable. Images look a bit like with a soft focus lens ...Distorsion of the master lens is increased, of course.

Would have been nice, but I think a WA converter is no replacement for a dedicated lens ...
05-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lowell,

Dave
dave

couple of examples

really quick at 1/20th with 24mm F2.5 wide open, and 0.45 converter

first one resized only, second one corrected in PSP X2 for distortion. PP time about 30 Seconds.

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 08-16-2008 at 05:11 PM.