Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #1

istD firmware down load

I just recently found out my first digital SLR, the istD has firmware updates.

Can someone down load it, self extract it on a 32bit version of Windows and send the 2 files in it to me?

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit, which will not let me self extract the down load even when I try all the compatibility modes. I requested to Pentax to update the web sight and add (or just send me) a 64 bit version of the self extractor. Pentax finally responded to my request but they said they have never heard of the problem before and they refuse to do it for me. I asked why they can't do such a simple thing and never heard back from them.

I guess I'm the last ignorant user that didn't no DSLRs need firmware updates. I need it to support a high speed 4gb memory card I purchased and the last firmware update has this support. There's only one down load with all the updates so its pretty easy.

Thanks for all your help,
Best regards

09-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I think you can use 7zip or winrar or other file-compress software to open and extract the seft-extract file. it is very simple plse give a try.
09-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a copy of the .bin file for the update (fwdc112b.bin) I can email you. You can find the install instructions here: Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
09-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pmighetto Quote
I just recently found out my first digital SLR, the istD has firmware updates.

Can someone down load it, self extract it on a 32bit version of Windows and send the 2 files in it to me?
Please attach them to an email and send it to pmighetto@yahoo.com.

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit, which will not let me self extract the down load even when I try all the compatibility modes. I requested to Pentax to update the web sight and add (or just send me) a 64 bit version of the self extractor. Pentax finally responded to my request but they said they have never heard of the problem before and they refuse to do it for me. I asked why they can't do such a simple thing and never heard back from them.

I guess I'm the last ignorant user that didn't no DSLRs need firmware updates. I need it to support a high speed 4gb memory card I purchased and the last firmware update has this support. There's only one down load with all the updates so its pretty easy.

Thanks for all your help,
Best regards
I'm attaching it as a zip:

Attached Files
File Type: zip fwdc112b.zip (517.7 KB, 54 views)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm attaching it as a zip:
That did it! You guys are great.