Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
More good reading, again. And I just checked prices on Amazon-they've dropped again. One dealer is now offering the body for $1080 shipped, and Ritz Camera is just a couple of bucks more than that through their storefront page. Amazon itself has just taken it below $1100. If it wasn't for Fry's Electronics Anniversary Sale this Friday (I have to get some computer gear for a bud, and maybe another hard drive), I'd already snapped. If I can find it for under a $1000 from a reputable dealer this week, I will snap.

05-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

<==(* Files jsherman999's post away for future reference. *)
05-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote
<==(* Files jsherman999's post away for future reference. *)
Yes jsherman has taken some nice pics with his k20d. The only ones I don't like are the rabbit pellets.
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Hi DAZ

Incidentally, we are talking critical focussing here, particularly where subjects like macro-photography are concerned. Nevertheless, I remain fairly confident that were you to carry out a straw poll asking 100 seasoned professional/serious amateur photographers whether they would prefer to use a 2" or 3" LCD screen as opposed to an optical prism viewfinder for critical focussing purposes, an overwhelming majority of them would opt for the optical viewfinder ! In my book, an LCD screen currently remains a poor substitute for a bright high quality prism, but that may well change as progress in LCD/OLED technology advances.

Best regards
Richard
Live view works better for me zooming 8x than the optical viewfinder with my manual lenses.Being primarily a large format view camera shooter, I never have liked peeping through the little hole of a 35mm camera which is why along with lack of resolution I gave em up years ago.I myself welcome future further enhancements of live view technology.

K20D + 50mm M f/1.7 Live View on Tripod

05-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Auto ISO + Hyper Program doesn't work

Pentax didn't fix bug which also exists in K10D: Auto ISO won't go up in Hyper Program when you increase shutter speed.

Last edited by Edvinas; 05-13-2008 at 10:31 AM.
05-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #21

Original Poster
I don't think the Auto ISO thing would be a big deal for me, but it would be something for me to keep in mind if I use it-good to know this sort of thing.

And Cloudswimmer-awesome shot! Now you really have me jonesing for the K20d!
05-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Well lets list the issues the K20D has

Phantom hot pixels ( that no one but certain online reviewers can find )
Front/back focusing issues ( has built in AF fine tuning for your individual lens )
under exposes 1/3 a stop every time ( oooh so bad )
doesn't have built in blue tooth
has no 1200mm F5.6 lenses available
name doesn't begin with n or c
it doesn't have a flip 3" lcd with all time live view
is missing a built WiFI with gps link
can't do 15 fps with af tracking and get 1 in focus shot
slow to focus in low light, most prefer very fast af even if it's out of focus
and worst of all it can't turn it'self on automatically when you lift it to your eye and AF with it, you must hit a button.

please feel free to add to the list.

05-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Great list Tor! You forgot to mention: Too heavy, Too light, Too small, and Too big.