Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So why did you stop? I replaced my K10D with a K-3 just this last Spring and with the exception of a few focus screen hiccups, the new camera works quite nicely with non-AF glass. Missed focus is more of a tragedy due to the higher resolution, but that comes with the territory.Steve
I felt the pressure to "modernize" . I still kept my K10D though and some old K and Zeiss lenses just in case.

09-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I still use my film stuff with associated lenses fairly extensively, but the K20D was seriously holding me back sensor tech wise and I never realized how badly until I got the K5, I would never go back. The ISO button is really handy too as I mostly shoot M.

If there is a point where digital tech interferes with your creative vision, it is in its lack of ability so more is better at least for now.
With a film camera you could use a K1000 and get the same image as an LX so that sort of thinking might apply to them. I would still like to see a DSLR that has advanced enough tech to have mode option to compress highlights like film (sorta modified HDR).

However with the K3 we are at a point where I would consider any more MP count a negative mostly for file size and camera processor reasons. I would like to see R&D put into improving other things and the MP count kept where it is to help keep costs down.
09-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
I had been looking to upgrade to a K-3 once Photokina has come and gone this year but now I'm thinking more of concentrating on using my FA and limited lenses with my old 10MP CCD sensor K200D instead.
I like to change things up every now and then...thoughts?
Keep your K200D and buy K-3 or whatever newest model you want.
There is no way I will ever give up my CCD K200 for shooting in bright light.