Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is this back focusing consistent? Have you tried using back button focus to decouple focusing from the shutter release?

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
On the K-5 there is no Fn button, pressing left might change the white balance, or it might change the focus point. It depends on what state the camera is in, and it's switched by holding the OK button. However how do I know which state the camera is in? How do I know what state I left it in an hour ago? Pentax really screwed it up big time there...
There's an icon in the bottom left corner of the viewfinder that lights up when you're in 'change AF point mode'. Takes some getting used to and given the numerous questions about it on the forum it's not an obvious thing.

10-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
It is little bit weird. I was thinking about moving to different company and except that I already bought Pentax 20-40 ltd and in one week I should get 15 ltd and 50-135* It looks like I will wait for K-3 successor and make an upgrade, which hopefully solve my AF issues
11-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #33
Forum Member

Sometimes old is gold though, new offers alot of tricks but then will still have unanswered problems. Read about light leaking on XT1 but their 56mm are so amazing(wished pentax also have it)
11-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #34
Forum Member

K5

I always use the back button focus it seems to help me and the camera doesn't refocus when I push the shutter. (K5)

11-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Is this back focusing consistent? Have you tried using back button focus to decouple focusing from the shutter release?

There's an icon in the bottom left corner of the viewfinder that lights up when you're in 'change AF point mode'. Takes some getting used to and given the numerous questions about it on the forum it's not an obvious thing.
If you're talking to me... no for me it isn't. Sometimes things are in focus, sometimes not. It's a lack of accuracy... the camera tells me it has acquired focus, and I'm sure it has. The only question is where. I do use the back button focus, but that doesn't help.