Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K5 mirror flop repair price

Im fairly certain my K5 original has the mirror flop issues I've read about on the forum. It made a weird clack a few times here and there over the last few months, but now on my last full battery charge it was struggling mightly, making that noice not only during a exposure but when I half pressed the shutter button too.

I was wondering if anyone here has paid to get this fixed and if so about what it cost. This is especially disapointing because it was only out of warranty by two months. This was a really late production model as well, it even has all the ricoh badging. You would figure they would have corrected this problem in later productions, It's BS really.

Thanks in advance,
-Eric

09-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I need to have this done too, last time I saw someone mention the cost on this, I recall it was in the $250 range or so.
09-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
$274 (as I recall) - mirror box motor....
09-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That's what I needed to know. I thought I read somewhere on here that it was sometimes a problem that just needed the internal clock reset. I was hoping it would maybe be inexpensive. If it cost 275 i might just try and find a used k5 2s instead.