Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Okay, I was successful and here's how I did it.
I shot this terrace photo (of my winter junK) in good light but angled somewhat because of position of sun. I loaded it from my K200d Cam into Picasa two. I then opened GIMP and resized the PEF image way down under 6 x 4 inches. I then applied just a bit of processing, levels, no sharpening.
I then had to save the image as an .xcf extension which would not open in Adobe Photoshop. So I went back and changed the file extension to tiff which opened immediately in Adobe Photoshop. Then I had to change it to a jpeg just so it would load onto the Pentax Forum page. I think this has reall good detail, sharpness and quality from being shot in raw. don't know if you can tell the real quality by attached image, and please dont criticize the subject and composition. It was merely a test to show myself if Raw is worthwhile and I think it is. What do ya think, Freddy

01-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My terrace raw photo didn't attach. So I'm trying again, herewith. Freddy..

Last edited by fevbusch; 02-01-2007 at 03:04 PM.