Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #1

Remote Shutter Setting?

Is there a setting I need to turn on/off to use an IR shutter release?

10-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, change the drive mode to enable the remote. My K-5 and remote are elsewhere so I can't actually test, but on the K-r near me the drive mode button is the upper button on the 4-way controller.
10-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Yes, change the drive mode to enable the remote. My K-5 and remote are elsewhere so I can't actually test, but on the K-r near me the drive mode button is the upper button on the 4-way controller.
That did the trick. Thanks!
10-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And in custom setting number 16 you can decide whether you wanbt the remote to autofucus or not.

10-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bear in mind that there are two settings for the remote, one opens the shutter when you press the button on the remote and closes the shutter when you release the button (i.e. the shutter remains open as long as you hold the remote button down), the other setting will open the shutter when you press the remote button and closes the shutter when the remote button is pressed a second time. You can choose which mode in the camera's menu.
10-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
Bear in mind that there are two settings for the remote, one opens the shutter when you press the button on the remote and closes the shutter when you release the button (i.e. the shutter remains open as long as you hold the remote button down), the other setting will open the shutter when you press the remote button and closes the shutter when the remote button is pressed a second time. You can choose which mode in the camera's menu.
For those who might be confused by the functions described above, that only applies in bulb mode.

Last edited by DeadJohn; 10-06-2014 at 08:00 PM.