Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
nope, most DA or DaL lenses are not WR unless specified as such.
The DA* lenses are all weather-sealed. Not to be submerged, however...

10-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Have you tried eBay? Maybe you can find a K5II near where you are and just go pick it up. I found many treasures on eBay. Just saying.
10-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
I am in a bit of a dumb situation, which I brought myself into once again...

Yesterday I went on a manatee-trip in Homosassa with my family. I brought my DiCaPac to take manatee photos with my K3. Suddenly there was a manatee, and the whole boat hurried into the water. In the confusion, I got a defect snorkel and mask, and while I was struggling with that my camera bag was submerged more than I would normally let it, and for longer. The pac failed, and the camera was completely flooded with murky river water.

I can't spend the rest of my holidays without a Pentax. But I also can't afford a proper replacement. I found a second hand K5II on BHPHOTOVIDEO, but they just declared some obscure two-week holiday that I never heard of, so I can't order from them.

What I need is an online buying option for a second hand camera, preferably a K5II, which could be ordered today with expedited shipping... I looked around Adorama and also on the marketplace, but didn't find an obvious solution...

Help, tips, pointers, anything appreciated. I am at St Petes beach now, it's full of shorebirds and dolphins, and my 300mm urgently needs housing!
This may not help....but:

- just enjoy the moments you are having.....
- smile when you think of the stories you can tell about how you drowned your camera....
- maybe get a second body for future trips..... but don't stress over it
- remember to stay nice to those around you (as opposed to the full on "just lost my camera dude")

Enjoy your time in the special places you are visiting!

I dropped my K5II on a once only trip to China on day 3 or so of the 12 day trip last year.

(I was the lost camera dude for about a day)
10-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Noel, good advice.

I think I managed fairly well while we were travelling. I bought the second hand k5II, which ended up on the wrong side of $600 with tax and overnight shipping. But I tried to focus on being on an adventure, and it sort of worked - actually it is worse today: Jetlag, bags and dirty laundry everywhere, the kids are off school until monday and I took the rest of the week off too, but my husband is back to work - and rather than getting things done, I am getting stuck on various websites, trying to figure out if there is a way to access all the raw files on my sd card.

Apparently the firmware on the card was damaged: My computer and my card readers all fail to recognise it. I have 300+ of great shots on there that are not backed up.

The kids are just happy to be back, I think, but also jet lagged and attention craving... and it's hard to keep smiling, honestly.

I also feel like trying to turn my k3 back on after a week in the rice bag, but it is completely covered in rice dust, and I am afraid rice dust might short circuit something just as efficiently as water...

I just wish SO MUCH I had left my camera back on the boat that day!!!