Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote

So the conclusion at the moment is to sell the K10d, K20d, K5 and K7 leaving me with the K30, 2 X K01's and cash for a K-3
I sold one K10d ( better looking one) and kept the other one ( few scratches , firmware 1.20 so can use screw AF on DA* lenses),.
Still like images from K10d , I still take it for a walk from time to time.
Sold Kx ( well donated to the Family member ) and K7, never had K20.
So I have now K10d ,K3, K30 ,K-01 and K5 ( next one to go ) , after I purchased K30 hardly ever used K5, K30 so much faster and uses AA batteries ( so convenient while travelling !).

10-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I think simplicity is good I'd say go for it and buy one K-3, if you dont need a second body. Personally I'd buy the K-3 before selling the last camera, just in case.

I forgot to mention, if you ever see yourself in the future de-SDM ing DA 16-50 or DA 50-135, I believe it's only available for K10 and K100 (IIRC, should check the SDM disabling thread). You can pick up a K100D for a song these days though, so probably not an issue and you can just buy one when the issue comes up

Last edited by Andi Lo; 10-12-2014 at 02:24 AM.
10-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
So the conclusion at the moment is to sell the K10d, K20d, K5 and K7 leaving me with the K30, 2 X K01's and cash for a K-3
Makes sense to me. The K-3 is the best Pentax body, but why isn't one K-01 enough?
10-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #19
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Well looking at your signature you have way to many gear

---------- Post added 12-10-14 at 17:45 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
I was speaking to a major dealer here in the UK about tethering becoming available on the K3 since the 645 variants have it and asked him to ask pentax about it and he let slip their pentax rep last week when questioned about a FF just grinned and said watch this space.

Read in to that what you want?

Sounds like a fresh new and solid rumor about an upcoing Pentax Full Frame

10-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Makes sense to me. The K-3 is the best Pentax body, but why isn't one K-01 enough?
My logic was to have a number of bodies at any particular time with me, each with a prime lens attached for ease of use. And, in the main, this approach was achievable when you find these bodies selling for very low prices (when you look and are patient). Problem is I now have too many bodies (I went a little overboard).

I guess ultimately I probably don't need the K3 and have not until now lusted after one, but with bodies shedding, cash realisation and dropping prices the K3 is suddenly becoming a possibility.

Re: new rumor for FF camera, let's keep that quiet ......... too many rumours to count - we don't need another
10-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I think simplicity is good I'd say go for it and buy one K-3, if you dont need a second body. Personally I'd buy the K-3 before selling the last camera, just in case.

I forgot to mention, if you ever see yourself in the future de-SDM ing DA 16-50 or DA 50-135, I believe it's only available for K10 and K100 (IIRC, should check the SDM disabling thread). You can pick up a K100D for a song these days though, so probably not an issue and you can just buy one when the issue comes up
I agree in principle about not needing more than one body, depending on what you do with them of course. I still have all mine, though, so I recognise that putting principle into practice can be difficult!

The K20D can be used to convert an SDM lens to screw drive – I used mine for that purpose.

On the original matter of which body to sell or keep, I'd personally keep the K10D for its superior IQ over that of the K20D, but the K-5 is better still.
10-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I K10D for its superior IQ over that of the K20D
Superior in some mysterious non-measurable way. The K20D beats the K10D in resolution, noise, DR and SNR. What else is there? Anything else is just excessive WB warmth from CCD, IME.

10-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Superior in some mysterious non-measurable way. The K20D beats the K10D in resolution, noise, DR and SNR. What else is there? Anything else is just excessive WB warmth from CCD, IME.
You're right, of course. I shouldn't have been judgmental about the IQ. I'll change that to "different IQ". My old structures lecturer used to be fond of saying "Put a number on it". He was probably a bit Aspie, though. Like me.