Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2015, 04:39 PM   #166
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,600
Original Poster


04-09-2015, 08:27 AM - 2 Likes   #167
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
(xposted)





04-10-2015, 07:13 AM   #168
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 59
lens please?

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
(xposted)










LOVE THIS PICTURES, what lens is it?
04-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #169
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
QuoteOriginally posted by dinamojuan Quote
LOVE THIS PICTURES, what lens is it?
Rikenon XR 50mm f/1.4. It's a purple fringe monster wide open, and not really useful at f/1.4 for the most part, but stop it down to f2 or f2.8 and it's got some magic in it doesn't it? I've been shooting a lot in f2.8 (like in that dogwood picture) and it seems like it's got some different type of 3D effect that I find very neat.

04-22-2015, 12:38 PM - 3 Likes   #170
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
The K10D club gets all the attention these days, and I think that's not fair!

(xposted of course)

04-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #171
Loyal Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,458
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The K10D club gets all the attention these days, and I think that's not fair!

(xposted of course)

nice one!
04-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #172
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
Thanks Paul! I think the K20D sits in between the K10D's amazing colors and the Sony CMOS sensor's more clinical look (it's hard to describe but that's the best way I can think of!)
04-22-2015, 01:26 PM   #173
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Thanks Paul! I think the K20D sits in between the K10D's amazing colors and the Sony CMOS sensor's more clinical look (it's hard to describe but that's the best way I can think of!)
I agree, but all those sensor looks are simply differences in White Balance, as shown in my test here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100586096103361553535/albums/603333576976...CPnqpuOSt6eeIQ

I shot the K-3 at 6mp vs. the K100D Super, then warmed up the lighting temperature in the K-3 shot. No other adjustments.

04-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #174
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I agree, but all those sensor looks are simply differences in White Balance, as shown in my test here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100586096103361553535/albums/603333576976...CPnqpuOSt6eeIQ

I shot the K-3 at 6mp vs. the K100D Super, then warmed up the lighting temperature in the K-3 shot. No other adjustments.
I don't know, there's not a lot of color in your pictures, so how can you tell anything about color response... you need flowers with changing tones of orange, red and blue to make a better comparison.
04-22-2015, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #175
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 114
K20D + Smc-m 50mm 1.7

04-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #176
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,600
Original Poster
Very nice. That M 50 f/1.7 is really sharp.
04-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #177
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 114
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Very nice. That M 50 f/1.7 is really sharp.
Thanks. I do agree, one of the bests I've ever used.
04-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #178
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,631
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I don't know, there's not a lot of color in your pictures, so how can you tell anything about color response... you need flowers with changing tones of orange, red and blue to make a better comparison.
No can do. I no longer have a CCD body.
04-28-2015, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #179
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
K20D with Rikenon XR 50 1.4



04-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #180
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,600
Original Poster
Beautiful colors from that combo!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
advice, bit, body, budget, buy, camera, dof, dslr, ff, forum, grass, k20d, lens, lenses, lot, luck, pentax, photography, pic, pictures, portability, post, resolution, share, shots, weddings, yes/no
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The K10D Club! rbefly Pentax DSLR Discussion 2567 19 Hours Ago 05:09 PM
The Astro-Q Club! baro-nite Pentax Q 193 12-14-2015 10:45 PM
Macro The Purple Fairy Club SointulArt Post Your Photos! 4 11-06-2013 03:25 PM
Joining the K30 Club! K McCall Pentax K-30 & K-50 11 04-09-2013 01:25 PM
K20D Kit at Sam's Club... jocko_nc Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 11-27-2008 06:52 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top