Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #1

Third World Lens Availability

I am moving to Nepal for an extended period of time. I know I am in a pentax forum but I will ask anyway. Although I assume it is slim that there is much of any digital photography equipment in Nepal, I know there is a little. Do you think there will be many Pentax compatible lenses or equipment or do you think it will be all Nikon/Canon. I hate to say it but I am guessing if there is anything, it would be the big two. Some guy in a camera store was telling me once that there were a lot lenses around south asia because of russian or chinese made lenses that weren't pentax but fit the mount correctly, but I am not sure he knew what he was talking about.

Any thoughts?

05-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

where are you moving from?

just buy at B&H and ship...
05-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
where are you moving from?

just buy at B&H and ship...
It is like 50-80 dollars to ship heh.
05-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DancinP Quote
It is like 50-80 dollars to ship heh.
yeah..

but you still get mroe savings than buying localy.