10-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Or is that the mirrorless?
No, that is the K-UF0

Steve

---------- Post added 10-25-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

The FF might be K-N0 (pronounced K-naught)

10-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #32
Pentaxian

They should go with K-F0 or K-F0 FF (pronounced Kay Eff-Oh or Kay Eff-Off).

Canon has the EF-M mount (pronounced Eff Em)

Ricoh needs to get a finger up on the market too.
10-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I'll play. It will be called the KF-1.
K-mount
Full frame
1st model.

Sounds about right... but add a "C" and a number "13" at the end. do it reads KFC13 meaning:

K mount
F full frame
C compact size body
13 years of research and development after the first Pentax DSLR (*istD), or total spices in our recipe... ha! two more than the Colonel's.....

... wait a minute; I am getting confused here... for a second my mind jumped to the Chicken Spice Forum.... oooopppsss!
10-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Many? of course will be happy if Ricoh release next year the much-anticipated FF and as long as they do not abolish the name 'Pentax' I'll be happier. I do not want to be called Ricohteer, Ricohnese, Ricohist, Ricohzen, and other not-so-nice sounding names, LOL!

Praying to the pixel god, please please please release the FF at the soonest...!!!

10-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #35
Pentaxian

It will be called "K-unicorn".

no FF, more likely K3II to bump up price again while waiting for new flagship - but really not sure what can be added?

If they just added SDM or Screw drive an selectable option in camera, I guess a lot of people will buy this camera and at the same time sell more DA* lenses.
10-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Guess Ricoh is very careful releasing a FF in terms of specs, price, etc...if they do release next year (fingers crossed) I am pretty sure other FF camera users will be jealous, hehe! But who knows?
10-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #37
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Mere plays on K and FF are too limiting.

The Japanese are poets when it comes to naming cars: Toyota Starion (Stallion, see?), Daihatsu Scat, Toyota MR2 (sounds like "merde" to a French speaker), Datsun Fairlady.

We need something of the same spirit. How about Pentagon? Connotes big budget, high firepower, poor results. With a nod to the "Pentax is doomed" mantra.

Last edited by Des; 10-29-2014 at 04:30 PM.
11-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #38
Forum Member

Full frame - KF
APSC - KA

02-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by simon6z Quote
Full frame - KF
APSC - KA

Happy that FF is finally happening... guess they'll call it X-1 and the users will be called as X-Men!!!
02-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxino Quote
Hahaha, mee! You're right about the 'lazy' part! I did not google about '4' but I thought of it as a bad luck in some countries like number 13. Some Asian countries do not use '13' hence you would not see 13th Floor in most of their buildings.
East Asian--or any country that speaks a language with significant number of Chinese loanwords (or once used Chinese characters)--countries avoid 4. There will be no floors that end in 4. 4, 14, 24, etc. 13th floor has existed in every building that has that many I've been to in China, Japan, and Korea.

Hong Kong may be different since there is much British influence. Singapore is also a strange place in terms of converging cultures, so I'm not sure what happens there either.