Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-4?

It might be a bit of a stretch, but I figured I'd stoke the flames and share. The 'Pentax K-4' is mentioned in Bing and DuckDuckGo results, but not Google searches.

10-26-2014, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

...and when you check again, it will be on Google too. The link will point right back here. That is how rumors start. If you like, I can add a few specifications below.
10-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...and when you check again, it will be on Google too. The link will point right back here. That is how rumors start. If you like, I can add a few specifications below.
I don't quite follow. Here's the same link on google, it has different description.
10-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I read on another post that the K-4 would essentially be a K-3, but with the K-5IIs sensor and with additional options for video including raw HDMI out, improved video auto-focus, and mechanical SR. Oh, and the big feature is true 4K video (K-4 4K...clever, eh).

That sounds pretty good to me. I heard too that the price point would be about $900 USD.

Steve

(...of course, my hearing is not so good any more...neither is my reading...)

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 12:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I don't quite follow. Here's the same link on google, it has different description.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The art of planting keywords for search engines in the hope of driving traffic to a Web site.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-26-2014 at 12:22 AM.
10-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The art of planting keywords for search engines in the hope of driving traffic to a Web site.

Steve
I'd really like to see an articulating LCD screen, myself. Isn't SEO a thing that is done website-side? I suppose the Official PentaxWebstore might do that in case people got the number wrong.
10-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I was wrong about Google though. They are getting slow. Normally they would have picked up and indexed the text "Pentax K-4" in less time than it takes to read your own post.

Either way, until such a camera shows up on one of the rumor sites, it is just wishful thinking on some forum.

Steve

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 12:15 AM ----------

Isn't SEO a thing that is done website-side? I suppose the Official PentaxWebstore might do that in case people got the number wrong.
Exactly. Typos are a common keyword strategy.

Steve

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 12:18 AM ----------

I'd really like to see an articulating LCD screen.
Good idea! Wi-Fi too.

Steve

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 12:20 AM ----------

I know that it is tempting to interpret changing in pricing (K-50 and K-3) as an indication of inventory clearance in preparation for a new model, but that generally happens after a product announcement, but before the new camera is actually released. The buzz spurs sales for both old and new.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-26-2014 at 12:21 AM.
10-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Alas, you're probably right. I've been going back and forth on the K-3. I'm pretty happy with my K-30, though.

10-26-2014, 01:35 AM - 1 Like   #8

I hope that when they get to the K-9, the premium edition model includes a wool grip weaved from combed-off excess golden retriever fur. Or a pop-up flash diffused by those pointy human teeth. Or both. Both would be best.
10-26-2014, 02:27 AM   #9
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes! Here where is hiding my FF!
10-26-2014, 03:55 AM   #10
Banned

Please do.....

So funny, like this rumor:

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/let-s-dream-pentax-24-megapixel-full-frame-camera-coming-in-march-2013
10-26-2014, 03:57 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ragmanjin Quote
I hope that when they get to the K-9, the premium edition model includes a wool grip weaved from combed-off excess golden retriever fur. Or a pop-up flash diffused by those pointy human teeth. Or both. Both would be best.
But the price point of the K9 will really bite.
10-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Pentax K-4 is sooo 2007!...

Pentax K-4 / 75-150 or Pentax K-4 / 80-200, any information?
10-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
But the price point of the K9 will really bite.
Let's just hope its bark lives up to its bite!
10-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IIRC (which is doubtful), Pentax has never used the number 4 in a model name. I understand it's an unlucky number there. I'm not sure K-9 would be used either as folks would call it a real dog! If Pentax does bring out a FF body it might be time to stop using K and maybe call it an LX-1 (cries of dismay from LX fans!). Whatever it is I hope that Pentax will continue its history of design and innovation.
10-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
IIRC (which is doubtful), Pentax has never used the number 4 in a model name. I understand it's an unlucky number there. I'm not sure K-9 would be used either as folks would call it a real dog! If Pentax does bring out a FF body it might be time to stop using K and maybe call it an LX-1 (cries of dismay from LX fans!). Whatever it is I hope that Pentax will continue its history of design and innovation.
For model designation I would guess "K-PRO" or considerably less likely: "LX-D." I think the LX designation was interconnected with a major anniversary for Asahi Optical and I doubt they'd reuse those letters.