Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax store in san diego

Does anyone know of a Pentax store in San Diego, I"am going with my family in Feb-15. would l to go shopping but don"t know if there is anyplace to go.Thanks

10-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Find a RICOH Imaging Retailer

Good luck.
10-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by neil1 Quote
Does anyone know of a Pentax store in San Diego, I"am going with my family in Feb-15. would l to go shopping but don"t know if there is anyplace to go.Thanks
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I am yet to see store that has any of the uncommon stuff. I was very impressed to see a GR-1 in Samy's last weekend. Usually all the have is some waterproof compact and a 50-200mm WR. I also saw an MX-1 at some point, but overall it is hard to get a Pentax in store. I also know that some stores listed on the Ricoh retailer listing don't really have any Pentax equipment, because I checked...
10-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #4

Echo @rrstuff, San Diego is not your ideal destination for Pentax gears. You'll have better luck driving up to LA.

10-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SealMe Quote
Echo @rrstuff, San Diego is not your ideal destination for Pentax gears. You'll have better luck driving up to LA.
What's sad is that I was actually talking about LA . I was told that downtown LA location of Sammy's has some more serious stuff. The places I checked (Samy's Pasadena, Culver City and Fry's in Burbank and Manhattan Beach) had very little Pentax stuff to speak of. Bel-Air camera in Westwood had a 135mm F2.8 Hanimex lens and a couple of old 645 bodies and lenses. Nothing new though.
10-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Another option that you have ( and that i have done ) if you want to get some good prices on Pentax gear is that you buy your stuffs at Amazon, Adorama, B & H, etc.. and you send your packages to your Hotel front desk.. so you can pick them up there. In order to do this you should have the reservacion and the packages should arrive at some time while you are at the hotel.
10-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.
10-31-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Bel Air camera has a K-50 on display and a couple of lenses, but nothing interesting. They also have a K100 (didn't notice if it was a Super or not). They sometimes have M42 or K mount lenses for sale, either used or old unsold stock. They told me they could special order other things.

11-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Pestering George's camera

I keep pestering Georges camera to add Pentax gear - no luck yet. It's a nice operation nonetheless
11-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

It is just sad that prior Pentax marketing alienated so many local camera shops. It really would be nice if Ricoh would do something to turn it around so we can see our equipment in local shops.