Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2014, 04:20 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Left eye shooter here.
Biggest problem for me is navigating the 4-way controller (and sometimes pressing the WB button on the K-5/K-3 with my snout) whilst keeping my eye in the viewfinder. And the green button placement on the K-5/K-3 is a big hassle too for left eye shooters. Unlike the K-x, where it sits nicely out of the way up top of the camera.

No easy solutions, alas, that I've come across. O-ME53 and other magnifying eyepieces get your face away from the back of the camera a bit, but have usability issues of their own.

Other camera brands have different rear layouts that are more friendly to left-eye shooters, so that is always an option, of course.
At last - someone with the same problems I mentioned and they really are a nuisance! Like others I also tried my right eye (for about 3 seconds), Felt like I had an inner ear problem as it made me feel completely disoriented and a bit dizzy. (or perhaps that's just me).

11-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am an ambi-dextorous shooter....and find the k3 to be as efficient with both eyes checking the view.....
11-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I shoot (guns and cameras) left eyed with both eyes typically open. Nose on the screen is my biggest anyone with this on my K50.
11-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bradshea Quote
I shoot (guns and cameras) left eyed with both eyes typically open. Nose on the screen is my biggest anyone with this on my K50.
I had to use my right eye for shooting when I was in the Army, and for some reason it worked out pretty well. I still can't operate a camera with my right eye.

Yes, the O-ME53 fits a K-5. It doesn't magnify very much. I really don't notice it until I take it off the camera and my nose hits the screen.