Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Putting a new roof on the house will cure LBA pretty quickly too...

A nice long telephoto prime is the only thing I'd like, a DA300 or one of its predecessors. Beyond that, I've got plenty of nice tools for what I do.

11-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
That's what we take everywhere we go. Our entire lens collection fits in 2 backpacks and goes on every hike, every trip. No deciding which lenses to take or leave home, no worries we might miss a shot. Plus we are redundant should something catastrophic happen to a lens out in the field.
you are so lucky that your gf share your ambition ! thanks for sharing your experience and lens choice I'm currently portrait shooter so my focal range are around 50-100, my beloved lens is the Helios 58 f2 for the sharpness, bokeh, vintage color DA15 is great if I wanna travel and can carry one lens ^^
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
In other words, getting the best lenses will solve your LBA because there is nothing better you can get.
can't agree more, that's why I'm aiming for the FA31 and FA77 right now and maybe zeiss or leica lens if I'm lucky on ebay

---------- Post added 11-20-14 at 07:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
A nice long telephoto prime is the only thing I'd like, a DA300 or one of its predecessors. Beyond that, I've got plenty of nice tools for what I do.
The DA* 300mm F4 is the Greatest Telephoto : it's a must if I wanna shoot wildlife oneday
11-27-2014, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

I transfer X number of dollars every payday into a photo account. Sales of gear and also cash gifts and Co-op dividends also go in their. My photo purchases come out of their. I could increase the transfer amount but I will not, at least for now.

Also my camera bags and my back have limits in how much gear I can carry.

Of course with my wife also being a photographer I can also use n her gear 😁
11-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
I just went through a bout of extreme LBA that saw me end up with the full suite of FA limited lenses and a few of the newer limited lens. On the bright side, there are basically no other lens that I want. I think my LBA was cured.
Be careful. I thought the same thing several time and then some new insight or challenge appeared and off I went. cleaning out unused lenses does ease the pain but is never a cure.

11-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #80
Pentaxian

You still don't have a single Pentax lens, so you still have a long way to go... there is no cure for you until you get some.
11-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
You still don't have a single Pentax lens, so you still have a long way to go... there is no cure for you until you get some.
I've not any Pentax lens, but I'm borrowing the FA 77mm for a month, and experiencing the legend so far so good !
02-09-2015, 02:42 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Finally get the FA 31, and have no urge to buy any lens in the near future, but of course the FF camera is already on the to-buy list
02-09-2015, 03:41 AM   #83
Site Supporter

There is no cure. Don't even try to withstand. Surrender ...

02-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Haha I cured my LBA by going to a pawn shop and buying an old, piece of junk lens that was supposed to be k mount and throwing it away after not being able to fit it in my camera. Worst 10 bucks I ever spent. I will never subject my poor K-50 to such treatment and disgrace ever again. I just scrolled through several pages of ebay and saw nothing that really interested me that was even affordable for me. Problem solved.

Inf fact, I'm starting to feel a new addiction coming. Its the PTA or picture taking addiction. All I want to do is go out and shoot and get better, cuz right now I suck at photography and I want to make the kind of images I see here. After all, that is what it's all about.
02-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Being a poor student helps. Having a well paid job doesn't. Alas, the first step is to admit that you have a problem!
02-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #86
Site Supporter

Problem? What problem?
02-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter

I have kept an extensive spreadsheet of every item I have bought and sold over the years, and how much of my money, net, is invested in this gear.

When the leftmost integer recently moved another column to the left of the comma my LBA was significantly diminished.
02-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #88
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have kept an extensive spreadsheet of every item I have bought and sold over the years, and how much of my money, net, is invested in this gear.

When the leftmost integer recently moved another column to the left of the comma my LBA was significantly diminished.
I started doing the same thing. I don't sell, though, so the net sum is going just one way...
02-11-2015, 12:17 AM   #89
Forum Member

Ive definately got some sort of mild (time will tell) LBA. For years and years ive wanted a DSLR and while i was in japan in September last year, i noticed the price of camera's were silly cheap compared to here in Australia. I picked up a K50, 18-55 and a 50-200 for $560AUD meanwhile most Australian websites were selling the same thing in the ballpark of $1000. At that time i knew virtually nothing about focal lengths so i bought the camera and lenses and ran. It took me all of about a day to realise having to change 2 lenses constantly was a bit annoying. Back home i started the hunt for a travel lens (which now i know i should've bought in japan at a much lower price), ending up with the Sigma 18-250. Not satisfied with the overall image quality i set out for a standard zoom that i could use to get nice sharp photo's at car meets/shows, ending up with a Pentax A 35-70. it takes great photos and is capable of nice bokeh but did not suit my needs because it acts more like a 50-100 on APSC. It is too much of a pain to use in the sometimes limited space at shows. Continuing on my quest for a nice lense to use at a car show, i picked up a mega cheap Sigma 28-80, unluckily it was a really poor copy with super soft edges at any focal length but did confirm i needed a lens of around that focal length. It's only taken me 3 goes but i have landed on a winner having recently purchased a Sigma 17-70C which seems to suit what i want it to do perfectly. Now i think all i want is some sort of preferably autofocus 50mm prime, which will hopefully cure my LBA

What started out as thinking i was getting a bargain buy has turned into a bit of an investment...
02-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
At 20Euro/bottle that's more than 135 bottles...
Boy, it's degenerating... I'll better hit the sack...
See ya tomorrow folks!
That's a lot of bottle bottom lenses. I am glad I don't have to fight with this kind of LBA.