Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #121
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Combined with the DA 300*, it makes a great combo. The extra 120mm of focal length that it adds to the 300mm makes hand held shots a little more difficult, but still possible. These are all hand held. (EXIF is available if you click the pics)

Always wise to use a long lens combo for a gator shot...

03-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #122
Pentaxian

To cure LBA?

- Think of how much time you had to work to have your gear.
- Force yourself to always take all your gear in your photobag. When you can't anymore, you have to sell.
- Look at the great shoot great photographers manage with the most basic camera and realize they make much better shoots than you. It skill and experience that make great photos not the most expensive gear.

That being said... I'am lurking for a DA35 ltd... or FA31... I know all the nice stuff of FA31 but really I can't afford it without having money problem after. And having already an FA77 I know how theses stuff can be! But really would I enjoy the FA31 more than playing macro from time to time? I will really miss the FA31 only in low light shoots I guess.
03-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #123
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
How to cure LBA ?

Unemployment line
Retirement didn't work, that's for sure.

I think you just need to own every lens, preferably twice to ensure you had a 'good copy' . Now if companies would just stop making new lenses, I'll be cured in twenty years or so. I do wish old lenses like this one weren't so much fun, makes me less happy when for some odd reason or other I let it go..
03-08-2015, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #124
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinG Quote
Always wise to use a long lens combo for a gator shot...
I forgot to bring my 10-17 fisheye that day.

03-09-2015, 02:45 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
- Think of how much time you had to work to have your gear. - Force yourself to always take all your gear in your photobag. When you can't anymore, you have to sell. - Look at the great shoot great photographers manage with the most basic camera and realize they make much better shoots than you. It skill and experience that make great photos not the most expensive gear.
agreed, most of the time I carry maximum 2 lens ! and usually use 1 lens a day !
03-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #126
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
To cure LBA?

- Think of how much time you had to work to have your gear.
- Force yourself to always take all your gear in your photobag. When you can't anymore, you have to sell.
- Look at the great shoot great photographers manage with the most basic camera and realize they make much better shoots than you. It skill and experience that make great photos not the most expensive gear.

That being said... I'am lurking for a DA35 ltd... or FA31... I know all the nice stuff of FA31 but really I can't afford it without having money problem after. And having already an FA77 I know how theses stuff can be! But really would I enjoy the FA31 more than playing macro from time to time? I will really miss the FA31 only in low light shoots I guess.
Regarding point No.2 I disagree... I have at least three possible combination depending on where I'm going and what I'm going to photograph.
Single lens (prime or kit zoom), camera around neck
Two-zoom set (kit & 80-200mm)
Prime kit (28 50 100 200mm)
I never bring everything with me, of course that is up to personal taste.

Last edited by LensBeginner; 03-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.