Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
k10d brokedown

My k10d did stop taken photos and when trying to take pictures its just sounds humming a bit no photos and when using manuell settings with the appeture and green botton its just humming (sound) anf finnaly when trying to open mirror in the meny its just humming (sound) so is it the shutter that has bokedown ?

When opening the mirror manuell with a pen the sensor is cover by the shutter but it should probebly be so ?

I have 63 000 exposure in 13 mounths

Could it be any other problem then shutter ?

Kindly bjorsa

05-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Is the battery charged?
05-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
The camera shows full charged battary but now i did test an replacment battery and the cam died directly and when I try to recharged that battery the batterychargerlamp switch off as it was full but it aint that .
Nów I charge the pentax orginalbattery but It seems to take so long time and it wont get warm as it use to be maybe its someting wrong with the charger ?
Is there anyway I can test the charger I have an electic meter http://www.clasohlson.se/Archive/Images/Products/Hi/323179_X__2007-06-26_084621_696.jpg
But howe to messure the batterycharger ?

Kindly bjorsa
05-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If it's 13 months old, it's off to Pentax servicing with it.

05-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #5

Yes you can,

Check the charger specs (can't remember it off-hand) and set the voltmeter accordingly. With the charger switched ON, connect the voltmeter leads to the points on the charger where the terminals of the battery are seated. You should see the specified voltage on the voltmeter, which will confirm that the charger is fine.

It would not be possible to check the amperage unless you have a closed circuit, i.e (You need to check this if the battery is busted and is not charging itself up)
1) Set the Voltmeter to measure current (Amps)
2) Connect the positive lead to the charger positive point
3) Connect the negative lead of the voltmeter to battery positive point
4) Connect the battery negative to charger negative point

If there is a deflection when the charger is switched ON, then the battery is charging fine.

Hope this info helps
Cheers
Nish
05-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well the battery did recharge after an hour or so and the cam still dosent work and the other battery most be broken so I did send the cam to pentax serviceplace here in sweden they said that all cameras in sold in sweden have 24 mounts warranty but at pentax is said 12 mounths

When trying to see what volt the charge gives it seems to run from 1-6 v but maybe its becuase you need to plugin the battery to get it to start charging cause the lamp will not switch on when trying to messure the volt

Kindly bjorsa
05-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
But now i did get a reading on the charger and it was 8,38 v and the charger should give 8,40 v so it seems to work ok I did put in the battery but not full way so that I could messure when the "pigs"was down in the batterycharger
Kindly bjorsa
06-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
I got the camera back and they hade done some adjustment to the mirror so it was not the shutter that hade brokedown
Kindly bjorsa

06-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member

the thing that moves the mirror probably broke it is mechanical after all
10-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
I did get the same problem in 1 sep so I sent it back for adjustment but this time they (the swedish repairshop)sent it to germany and pentax in germany did send a price for the repair but they said that the sensor need cleaning :-) but i did clean it a few days before brakedown and why cleaning the sensor when the mirror mekanism is caput ? :-)
They want to first that sensorcleaning and then change a circuit card and also the bottom plate but why the bottom plate ? and then a softwareupdate and for about 4000 skr and that is more then half the new price but the swedish repair shop have sent them an email and ask them to explain why but pentax havent answer in 3 weeks :-(

So now I have been without camera for 2 mounths and its sucks

Kindly bjorsa
11-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
I did get the camera back from pentax germany and the repair hold for 3 days then the same mirror problems so now its back in germany I wonder if they really change anything in it they probably just adjusted the mirror and then "it works"
Kindly bjorsa
11-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
Moderator PEG Judges

Good luck, keep us updated as to how you get on.
12-26-2008, 02:36 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
I got it back from germany for the second time and this time I can feel that they have change parts and also see that I have now revesion 8.1 and the camera is working so hopefully they have change the "mirror mecanism"
Kindly bjorsa