Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I think simply buying a tilt shift lens would be easier
You have some options, Schneider, Arax, Samyang, and then there are the tilt adapters, too..
The real versions can be costly:P.

But yeah, I wouldn't think a tilting sensor would be so easy or cheap to implement. The nice part about the built in shifting is to me it seems to be 'essentially free' or at least pretty cheap to add in the grand scheme of things, a small bit of software making use of already existing hardware. It's not perfect or as good as the real thing, but it's a dandy little addition that imo adds to the value of a camera.

11-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the old Pentax shift lens, which I like, though I think it really comes into its own on 35 mm film bodies, and would certainly like to have the opportunity to experiment with tilt.
11-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bet we will get that feature - olympus had a 5-axis IS for a while nowand it is technically possible to do a bit of a tilt with that. I think it's a matter of time before it shows up on Pentax.

Perhaps a matter of time for olympus's patent to run out though .
11-09-2014, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Yup. Can't the 5 axis Olympus system already do it?

I'd want more range from the SR... maybe covering the FF area? Especially for video (if it were activated) that would be pretty awesome.

Pentax also needs to add several bracketing modes. For example:

* Bracketing to increase resolution by moving the sensor very slightly.
* Bracketing to increase color accuracy... think Foveon sensor. Every color should be taken for every pixel.
* Bracketing to widen the image frame. The current method of composition adjustments, even with putting the function on the Fx button, takes forever. I want to be able to activate the feature, press the shutter once and the camera does the rest. If the range of movement covers a FF sensor, you could essentially have a FF Pentax with plenty of MP, but in a smaller, cheaper body with an APS-C sensor.