Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #1

Can K3 use two batteries at the same time? (Battery grip and inbody)

Just bought pentax k3 with battery grip and 50mm 1.8

Can K3 use two batteries at the same time? (Battery grip and inbody)

11-07-2014, 10:52 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, but it will only drain one at a time. You can choose the primary battery via the menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, but it will only drain one at a time. You can choose the primary battery via the menu.
Thanks, I have another question. What if I buy an AC to DC power supply 8.4v like this one does it charge the battery inside the camera/battery grip?
11-09-2014, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #4

Photos: Albums
Yes but as Adams says it only uses one at a time. I am not sure on if you can charge the camera with USB but I don't think so.

11-09-2014, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by enyceckk Quote
Thanks, I have another question. What if I buy an AC to DC power supply 8.4v like this one does it charge the battery inside the camera/battery grip?

Short answer: No, the camera/grip has no ability to be used as a charger.

The AC cord would be used so you could still use your camera to download or show your pictures on a tv screen without draining your batteries or while you have them out of camera charging them.