Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Digital preview: the poor man's "live" view

I have a K10D, so no live view for me, but at times when it would be convenient to use the screen to check composition and exposure (but not necessarily focus), I set the camera up and snap a digital preview. It's not live, but it's close.

Just thought I'd share.

05-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That is common practice; though I really don't use digital preview. I like going the extra mile and break my back now and then, to get the right angle.
05-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have never seen a point to the preview function. May as well shoot an actual shot. If it's good, you're done. If it's not, adjust for the next shot.

Shooting a preview only to find you've missed the moment would suck.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, live, photography, preview, view