Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PentaxPZ,

Although it didn't fix this image when I tried (it did help) if your using Windows please do yourself a favor and download Picasa.
It's a free Google download, and will often easily fix images like this one

If you have a Mac it's pretty well the same as your I-Photo, so you shpuldn't have to worry about downloading a thing.

05-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Didn't read all posts, but you could get a grey/white card, or simply a white piece of paper, and use that for custom white balance...that would probably help out quite a bit.
05-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Since I always shoot in RAW I don't find this problem to be a problem. I Pp all indore shots and my first step is to run the photos through Picasa. I first change the mid tones and then work on highlights and shadows but to rid my problem of being yellow I change the color temp. Because the program has a really good slide feature for all these settings and from the center point of the slide I move to the left just enough to come off center. About -5 or -10 at the most it cools the picture and rids my photos of this type of yellow. If I need to go more I take the RAW file into Photoshop and adjust the color temp and color balance. I can also change my white balance to suite.
The problem you are experiencing in JPEG is with the sensor processing the shot in camera. What this does is to give the best over all coverage for the file. Some cameras process the shot differently and some even are able to hit better white balance. For instance try a point and shoot in the same room and then try the K100D
Different sensors make a difference in JPEG, but in RAW the person doing the PP work will make the difference.
05-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
Didn't read all posts, but you could get a grey/white card, or simply a white piece of paper, and use that for custom white balance
Cannot agree more. Its amazing by how much this can improve the quality of an indoor shot.

Actually, I make sure I shot something I know is gray, like underexposed wall, shirt, paper etc. And use it as my reference spot when fixing WB for all (subsequent) shots from this position. I normally don't have the time to custom adjust WB in the field. Important is it looks gray. Having a bright looking white surface doesn't help much.

05-21-2008, 03:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well decided to "play" with custom settings and adjusted for tungsten lighting....
although I was in a blub lit room at the time, it was blue, so I reckon It would be ok in the club house....

Many thanks guys....
Other than the fuji 5600FD the pentax is my first real DSLR!
Never had this problem with the MX 35mm SLR....
maybe older is better?
05-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #21
Veteran Member

And one more thing you can do that takes even less time is just to play around with the digital filters inside the camera. While viewing the picture you took in playback mode, hit the Fn button, then left on the D-pad for the digital filters. if you're indoor shots show alot of yellow, try a blue filter, and sometimes that helps alot as well.