Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #1

K200d First Impressions and Snaps

Hi, I have had my k200d with the 18-55 lens for about a week now and I thought I would share some thoughts.

Background, I am new to dslr cameras. My first camera was a k1000, which I still have and am very happy with. So when it came time to upgrade I looked for something from pentax.

I got my camera from amazon, I ordered it on thursday afternoon and got it friday. The reason I chose amazon-shipping. What is great about Amazon is before you place your order they will tell you a ship date and a delivery date. Other sites I looked at were vague. You could request shipping speed 1 day, 3 day, etc, but the ship date was usually, "orders are processed in 1-2 business days."

The camera has almost infinite adjustments, I have been continually reading the manual, and I find something I didn't know.

The auto picture mode does a super job. For anyone scared of entering the dslr ring because they feel intimidated don't be. Just set the camera to auto and point and shoot. I will say I use the auto about 75% of the time. Which is what is great about the k200d, as my experience grows that percentage will come down.

Another go to mode is the no flash, which is just like the auto mode but without flash.

Thoughts on the burst mode. The 4 frame buffer seems fine for me. I thought about it and when a car speeds by, or your child in sports speeds or anything else passed your field of view, it is only in front of you for a brief time anyway.

Here are some sample photos

IMGP0210 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMGP0140 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMGP0007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

05-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Glad you like the K200D, I got mine about two weeks ago and I absolutely love it, it is an excellent camera.