Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Pentax Body Mount K

The recently introduced Pentax 1.4TC ships with the Original Pentax Body Mount K instead of the white translucent body cap.

I find the white translucent caps supplied on Pentax camera bodies very poor, they falloff to easy. I was informed that the "fit" protects the contacts.

However the 1.4 TC has pretty much the same contacts and the Original Pentax Body Mount K supplied with the TC appears to be designed: a) not to fall off and b) protect the contacts.

Where can you buy this specific cap? I have not found a place.

Any help appreciated.

I did submit the same question to Ricoh Imaging and look forward to a response from them

11-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KEH and the Pentax web store used to have them, but I can't recommend the latter if you want to receive your shipment in a timely manner.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
KEH and the Pentax web store used to have them, but I can't recommend the latter if you want to receive your shipment in a timely manner.
Thank you Adam
11-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Most of the 3rd party knock-off body caps cover the contacts and have bayonets.

I've picked up a couple of these before from this seller on eBay:

Body Cap for Pentax KX KR K20D K5 K7 K1000 K110 D200 K5 Me Super K1000 P30 P3 | eBay

The seller often lists the same caps on auction starting at $0.99 with $1.50-2.00 S&H. They almost always sell for $0.99.

11-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I like the soft white caps -- sometimes I get an old one that falls out easily, but all the ones I've gotten with my DSLRs are quite snug. Sure, you can knock them out if you aren't careful, but I like being able to flick it off with one finger while holding the camera with one hand and immediately mount a lens with the other hand in one motion. With digital you've got to do your best to keep all the dust out of the body, I don't like to sit there and fuss with unlocking the thing as you usually have to use both hands and you can't get the lens on as quickly. Same thing in reverse -- remove the lens and stick the snug fit cap in there in one motion...
11-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheap k-mount body caps, that work well, are available on e-bay.
11-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter

This is what you want, the original "K Series" camera body cap, they bayonet mount like a lens and are made of hard plastic.

Genuine Asahi Pentax K Body CAP Asahi OPT CO Japan | eBay

Phil.
11-21-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
This is what you want, the original "K Series" camera body cap, they bayonet mount like a lens and are made of hard plastic.

Genuine Asahi Pentax K Body CAP Asahi OPT CO Japan | eBay

Phil.
Perfect! (but $10.00 shipping for a lens cap? Wow...)

11-22-2014, 01:17 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I had found one in the miscellaneous parts bin at Samy's Camera along with a press-on style Minolta 57mm lens cap just a couple weeks ago. Normally they sell lens caps out of the parts bin for $0.50-1.00 but the salesman was too lazy to ring them up so he just gave them to me for free.

However if you must have an original:

Genuine Asahi Pentax Camera Body Cap Japan | eBay
11-22-2014, 05:10 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think the cap for the 1.4 TC has been redesigned. It appears different: Front - white dot for mounting; Rear - no blades/bayonets that protrude and a gap at the contact location.
I will try calling Ricoh USA in Colorado and see if I can buy a couple.
11-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #11
Pentaxian

If you happen to travel to Japan (I know, probably unlikely, but still...), just drop at a Yodobashi or a BIC camera store, they have a wide selection of original lens and body caps, and they all cost a dime a dozen...
11-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I had found one in the miscellaneous parts bin at Samy's Camera along with a press-on style Minolta 57mm lens cap just a couple weeks ago. Normally they sell lens caps out of the parts bin for $0.50-1.00 but the salesman was too lazy to ring them up so he just gave them to me for free.

However if you must have an original:

Genuine Asahi Pentax Camera Body Cap Japan | eBay
Thank you - bought two.
11-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
I will try calling Ricoh USA in Colorado and see if I can buy a couple.
They will not sell you anything, only refer you.

I wanted a new tripod foot for one of my lenses and was given Precision Camera's number. Contacting them has produced no result.
I'm certainly not going to ship them a working lens to get a replacement ordered.

The Pentax Webstore would not help me without a part number to give them.

A frustrating aspect of Pentax ownership.