Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Canon had a hyper-focal distance feature in the analog days, and some high end DSLRs. I don't think they have it anymore. I would second that motion though, it'd be great to have. You could first focus on the closest point that should be in focus, then on the furthest away point. The camera then calculates what point to focus on and sets aperture, ISO and exposure accordingly (if it's possible).

04-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #77

Full frame, mirrorless is the way forward. Anything less is just tinkering.
04-04-2015, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #78

Photos: Albums
Mirrorless,no thanks For what?
We will see what we get in Summer.
But for sure we see SLR :-)
Best regards:-)

Mirrorless....tzz....i need Lowlight AF-C...not that what a A7 brings
04-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Several items come to mind....
  • I have heard that for long exposures, Olympus has the rear screen "develop" the image over the shutter time. That would help especially on long exposures.
  • I was out shooting with some other folks. One had a Canon, that for long exposures. the rear screen had a counter (either up or down) indicating where it was into the shot. I have messed up numerous brackets by thinking that the last frame was done.
  • Having a hyperfocal calculator on the rear screen. For A and beyond lenses, take the indicated aperture and provide the distances. For fully manual lenses, give a table of several apertures with the scroll up/down option.
  • When in Manual Focus with AF lenses, let the user push the rear [AF] button to focus the lens. When the camera is up on a tripod its a pain to find the AF/MF switch and switch it.
  • How about a automatic focus stacking mode with AF lenses. Similar to bracketing.
  • Be able to go beyond 30 seconds for a long exposure with out having to go to bulb.
  • 7 shot Bracketing.
  • Tethering any one? Why Pentax removed it is a nagging question....
  • articulating LCD - that works well with the O-GPS. With the camera pointed up doing any astro, you just can't see the rear screen to do anything. Its a real PITA.
  • Being able to modify the ISO when in the GPS menuing system. The current approach is a PITA.

Last edited by interested_observer; 04-04-2015 at 06:19 PM.
04-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #80
Pentaxian

1. I love the K-3 for how fast it can capture 3 brackets of every image -- if bracketing could be made even faster (perhaps keeping the mirror up after the first exposure?) I would be thrilled.
  2. A tilting screen would come in handy on many occasions.
  3. Built in WiFi instead of depending on the FluCard
  4. Support for high-speed UHS-II SD cards
  5. Support for USB3 tethering
  6. And finally, I would also love it if the Ricoh GR were to evolve into a "micro K-3" with support for Pentax accessories (e.g. flash, remote shutter, GPS, FluCard, 49mm filters, etc.) as well as adopt the Pentax user-interface

Last edited by MJSfoto1956; 04-06-2015 at 06:52 AM.
04-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #81

Photos: Albums
Don't forget the GPS ;-)
04-05-2015, 10:26 PM - 1 Like   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
[*]Support for USB-3
K-3 already has USB-3 support
Attached Images

04-06-2015, 03:40 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery