Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Yes, but from what I've seen the 35 ltd only requires moderate cropping at normal distances and no cropping at close focus/macro, so it will be a quite useful lens on FF too.
That's almost FF lens, then. Ok then add 60-250 too

And indeed DA*55.

11-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And don't forget the DA 10-17 with the lens hood removed.
11-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Don't mix up true 24x36 lenses that can be marketed as such with lenses which, under certain conditions, can be used with a 24x36 camera.
11-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #94
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
No worries thanks mate, yes I know CRK, good stuff, this is the first solid credible info. I've heard so far, well in that case, I definitely look forward to the announcement next year, and yes Pentax will do something amasing for sure, and I do still expect a K-3 replacement as well, but as you say time will tell.
ps. all of my lenses bar one are full frame, and next purchases will also be full frame. About 12 months ago a Pentax rep. did say, (not to me) in answer to the full frame question, "well don't sell off your full frame lenses just yet".
Cheers.
The "don't sell your lenses yet" comment was CRK too, on their blog. They also said "this year may well be the year" (2013), so they were off the mark that time!

You could be right about a K-3 replacement. I have a strong feeling that some new tech will be introduced on the FF, so it would make sense to apply it to the APS-C flagship as well.

11-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
The "don't sell your lenses yet" comment was CRK too, on their blog. They also said "this year may well be the year" (2013), so they were off the mark that time!

You could be right about a K-3 replacement. I have a strong feeling that some new tech will be introduced on the FF, so it would make sense to apply it to the APS-C flagship as well.
I remember that "don't sell your manual lenses" thing... but it was a bit like the "see the impossible" Canon thing...
11-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
That sounds like a very weak way to enter the full frame market. I think this approach would only keep a few of the faithful Pentax fans happy but would not attract many newcomers.
Well i didnt say that it those were going to be the only glasses that Pentax could have.. FA glasses date from 10, 15 even 20 years old.. ofcourse we have new technology that people is expecting..

My guess is that the 2 lenses that RICOH showed at Photokina are a 24-70 and a 70-200 ( maybe even 300 )... those 2 glasses are at this time the ones that most people will look for.. Ofcourse they will need to release at short time some other new glass IMO primes.. Or maybe we can see some upgrades from the older FF glass ( new motors, new coatings, etc ).. perhaps they could even create a new family of glass that include this zooms and primes.

At this time we are only expeculating of what "might" come... im positive about the FF body next year.. but about the lenses that will come with that FF body we know even less than what we know about the body.

In my case i will need 4 lenses.. 1 fisheye ( that im looking for the Sigma 15mm ), 1 "walk around" zoom ( could be the Tamron or the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 ).., 1 fast good portrait ( a f1.4 or so, hopefuly some Sigma Art or so ).. and a telephoto that i dont use that much ( i already have a Sigma 70-300 DG so this should work with FF for a while )... Im happy with that to start ..
11-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #97
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Well i didnt say that it those were going to be the only glasses that Pentax could have.. FA glasses date from 10, 15 even 20 years old.. ofcourse we have new technology that people is expecting..

My guess is that the 2 lenses that RICOH showed at Photokina are a 24-70 and a 70-200 ( maybe even 300 )... those 2 glasses are at this time the ones that most people will look for.. Ofcourse they will need to release at short time some other new glass IMO primes.. Or maybe we can see some upgrades from the older FF glass ( new motors, new coatings, etc ).. perhaps they could even create a new family of glass that include this zooms and primes.

At this time we are only expeculating of what "might" come... im positive about the FF body next year.. but about the lenses that will come with that FF body we know even less than what we know about the body.

In my case i will need 4 lenses.. 1 fisheye ( that im looking for the Sigma 15mm ), 1 "walk around" zoom ( could be the Tamron or the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 ).., 1 fast good portrait ( a f1.4 or so, hopefuly some Sigma Art or so ).. and a telephoto that i dont use that much ( i already have a Sigma 70-300 DG so this should work with FF for a while )... Im happy with that to start ..
I think what you described here is Ricoh's nightmare. They invest in a FF model, the invest even more in a set of lenses for FF. Then customers just get the body and turn to the used market or third parties for lenses. This makes sense for you as a customer and would be a gift to Sigma, but I'm petty sure Ricoh would see it as a disaster. I think if they saw this as acceptable, they could have done it already.
11-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #98
Pentaxian

But if we look it like that every camera maker will look at Third Party lenses as a disaster for their business.. I doubt that the camera business is focus on selling lenses, because if is a good lens people will buy it ONCE. and will keep it for the rest of their entire life.. but bodys are different, people tent to change the bodys more often that what they do with the lenses.. and the brands know...

Ofcourse a great camera system needs good lenses to stand up..i dont know if at the fist annuncement people will need to have 10 new lenses to choose, to me that is not necesary.. they can start with 2 or 3.. and in not that far time release another 2 or 3.. so this lenses can be the high end lenses... upgrades from what is already in the market, pentax always stood up in the past for their great optics, ofcourse with new technologies this lenses could not be the best in the market so they need replacements, but not everybody will have $5000 +/- to buy an entire new set ( camera + lenses ) at the begining.. in my case i will buy the body and 2 "OK" lenses to start.. then save some more and change those lenses.. and so it goes.. same as everything in life...

11-27-2014, 04:05 AM   #99
Pentaxian

Which is why Ricoh needs to offer enough incentives to buy the newer lenses. They cna do this but price wil be around competitors (FF ones I mean).
Yes we may see OIS and even OIS working with IBIS, silent and quick AF, modern AF tracking etc. but... we'll have to pay for it.